Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January 2020 Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop - Snowman Kisses

Happy New Year everyone. It's January 1st and that means we have a new kit to Counterfeit and a Blog Hop. Our lovely Lisa is up this month, she picked a Citrus Twist kit - Christmas Stories 2019 (with bundled album).
The kit can be found here and the unboxing video is here.

Our Guest Designer is Melodee Ruley, she can be found on our Facebook Community or on her Instagram account. I will have the full blog hop at the bottom of my post. It is a little bit different this month as we have a few changes. We start at the Counterfeit Kit Blog, then go to Melodee's Instagram, back to me then to Julene. I've got the list below incase you get lost.

I have a very long post so you may want to grab a cup of coffee and settle in. I store my Christmas and Winter Scrapbooking supplies in three Iris containers. I know, what am I thinking with three of them, I am always surprised what I find when I open it up. I haven't bought Christmas Supplies as I know I have a ton of it. So I started going through them and decided to make a few page kits to help me in my scrapping. I had a couple of older Paper Kits that I had paperclipped together when I put them in the containers which I included. I have a very large kit compared to the inspiration kit. I also looked at the back of the inspiration papers and included a few papers to match them.

Now for my January 2020 Counterfeit Kit - Snowman Kisses. I've had this snowman paper in my stash for a very long and it is the start of my kit.


It's from the DCWV - Christmas Stack. My challenge with this is to turn it into a 8 1/2 x 11 page for my youngest.





Paper Set 1: The first two papers are from Recollections - Bright and Jolly, the next four are from DCWV - the Christmas Stack, Doodlebug - Petite Prints Grasshopper Grid and Dots, Bella BLVD - Christmas Wishes "Trees for Sale", TOC Studio Christmas Cheer "Red Rings" Bella BLVD - Christmas Wishes "Gifts Galore", Doodlebug - Petite Prints - Ladybug Grid and dots, TPC Studio Christmas Cheer " Seasons Greetings"  and Doodlebug - Petite Prints - Ladybug Grid and dot



Paper Set 2: This is and old kit from K and I Memories and I think the kit was called Celebrate Life. None of the papers have names on them and I will be using cardstock as it lightweight paper like copy paper. I've included the cards that came in the kit. I have a hard time using the premade cards but I'm determined. I've also die cut a few deer heads for my cards.



Paper Set 3: These papers are from Doodle Bug and must have been a kit as I had them paperclipped together. I will add more cardstock when I scrap but I've included a light green and white to make it easier for you to see. The first strip paper is from 2005 - Cheerfully Christmas Stripes, 2008 - Limeade Boutique Stripe and the polka dot is another from 2005 - Cheerfully Christmas Dots. The Alpha stickers are from 2004 -red mini just my type and the white are from 2006 just my type. The sticker sheet is 2004 Holly Jolly Christmas




Paper Set 4: The Papers are from The Paper Studio and it must have been from kit also: I had them all paperclipped together. I will be adding cardstock to this set. From the inspiration kit I have the holly and berries along with the Christmas words. The Alpha set is glittered along with a few of the stickers.


The Pocket Cards are from Various sets, they are used so not all of them showing on the sets I still have and instead of picking a few out I just grabbed the Christmas and Winter themed ones.






The cut apart sheet in the background is Simple Stories -Cozy Christmas then I have a few pintable's from various sites, Becky Higgins - Christmas Wishes with the die cuts, Sn@p - Cozy Christmas, The Paper Studios - Christmas in 4x6 and 3x4.

The Citrus Twist kit - Christmas Stories 2019 (with bundled album) had white doilies, vellum and die cuts included in the kit.  I have white doilies but I pulled a few of the snowflake and candy doilies (I have them in 3 sizes 11.4", 7.95" and 5.07"}, a few Transparency papers from the We R Memory Keepers "Clearly Posh" and several die cuts. The white paper is a 12x12 embossed cardstock that I don't know who made it.

I added a couple of packs of the Make it Christmas Sequins, Stickers sheets from the K and I Company Celebrate Life kit, three of the Paper Flair Shaped Christmas Card kit, The 8x8 Paper Pizazz Christmas sheets, Deja Views Christmas Wishes clear stickers, my 12x12 page protector of Christmas and Winter scrap paper and some snowflake punches.

I have a couple birthdays that I need to make cards for and I'm undecided as to what stamps I will be using so I'm adding that to my kit later. I know I will be adding a lot of cardstock as most of the papers are really thin and I do like to mat the photos.


Now head on over to Julene and see what kit she pulled together. Remember we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2020).


Below is the full Blog Hop list.




Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com

Guest Designer Melodee - https://www.instagram.com/melodeeruley/

Cindy:- http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
Julene:- 
http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com//
Leslie:- 
http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/

Shannon:- https://www.youtube.com/user/ShannonAllor 

Tara:- https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/
Tracey - http://3obsessions.blogspot.com/
Tina:- http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
Laura:- https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/





10 comments:

Sassy Breese said...

Wonderful kit. That snowman paper just melts my heart. And the snowman die-cuts? Well, they are just to die for. Enjoy your kit this month and happy 2020!

Lori said...

Fabulous kit, Cindy! I have the same Doodlebug papers/stickers and the same Paper Studio papers in my stash. I cannot wait to see your creations this month!

Tara O said...

What a wonderfully put together kit! I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with the snowman paper!

Lisa said...

Your kit takes me back to my early days of scrapping with all that bright, fun, happy Doodlebug! Great page kits as always Cindy and I love that you started with the snowman and it all came together from there.

I'm always impressed at the size and variety of your supplies - how many layouts do you get from a set of page kits like this?

Susanne said...

What a lovely large kit. That bit of blue really helps to bring an added dimension. I cannot wait to see what you create.

Julene Matthews said...

Fabulous kit,I'm jealous of some of your items. Enjoy scrapping with these.

Margie said...

Love the true reds and greens! Feels very like Doodlebug to me!

LCSmithSAVED said...

My fave bit is that each kit has such a different feel from the next, and all are so well put together. I adore your Snowman inspiration!

Tina Campbell said...

Love the name of your kit and that paper you chose to start it off :) I love that you put yours into page kit form right at the get go! Looks like a fun it to play with, looking forward to seeing what you create with it :)

Clair said...

Love the bright, fun elements in these lovely collections!