Monday, January 6, 2020

Mary had a little lamb

I'm using my January Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit for a non Christmas themed layout. The January prompt at Archi-scraps this month look's like this,

and the challenge is: to be inspired by a Fairy Tale.

We had a new addition to our family just before Christmas and I'm scrapping about that.

I used the blue paper and the stripe paper from the Paper Set 2 Celebrate Life paper. I added some plaid paper from the DCWV The Basics stack for the background and the mat behind the photo as I wanted just a little bit more layering. 


I had quite the challenge with the lambs. I just couldn't get my Silhouette to cut them out properly and finally just cut out white ones then fussy cut the lambs and layered them on top of the Silhouette cut.
I used a light blue cardstock on my layout,  as I only had two pieces of the blue K and I Memories blue paper and I didn't like that much of the plaid showing by using the scraps.
Thanks for stopping by.

Entered into the Archi-scraps January Challenge.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge -CKC  January 2020 - Snowman Kisses

2 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2 x 11  Layouts
8 - Cards

Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge January - CKC January 2020 - Snowman Kisses
Paper: K and I memories - Celebrate Life the solid blue paper and multi stripe paper; DCWV - The Basics Stack from 2011, White and Black Cardstock.
Enamel Shapes - blue hearts and various dots, Shimelle puffy heart stickers, DCWV- Heart Gem stickers,
Stickers: We R Memory Typecast Label, Rub on Stickers - Heidi Swapp numbers; Studio Calico - Alphabet stickers
Stamp: Ali Edwards December Stories by the Month 2018 - Gotta Love this story
Misc.: Adhesive, Ink - Jet Black,  Score Tape, Sharpie - gray, Xyron sticker maker and Zots

7 comments:

Tara O said...

Loving the colors!! Great choice of fairytale!!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

I just love your precious new little lamb <3 And more particularly the innovative solution to your cutting issue! Glad to have you over here at Archi this month.

cinmfoster said...

From Julene: How delightful! A beautiful layout Cindy and thanks for joining in this month.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy I love this cute page with the little lambs and your beautiful new baby. Barb

Susanne said...

Very sweet layout!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Beautiful page, Cindy. Thanks for joining in at Archiscraps this month.

Buffy Burnside said...

Such a sweet layout! thanks for playing along with the challenge ouver at archiscraps!