Saturday, December 21, 2019

Stamped Image Stacked Die Cutting Card for Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Hi everyone! Today I'm up on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog with another Christmas Card. This time the technique is -Stamped Image with Stacked Die Cutting. This technique adds some bulk to my card as I am also using fun foam behind my layers and it's a card that I would hand deliver.



To start I stamped my card onto white cardstock - I didn't know I was going to use the Watercolor Pencils otherwise I would have stamped onto watercolor paper. I tend to stamp a lot of images onto white cardstock then go back and make some cards. I don't always know what technique or how I'm going to color the card when I'm stamping.


I have a small set of 12 Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils that I used to color my card. I colored all of them to start with then used a paint brush to spread the color out over the image. I did use the heat gun between the colors so they would not become muddy.


I layered three of the stitched dies onto image. I started with the smallest die then the biggest and finally the middle size. I used washi tape to hold the dies in place, just be sure to stick it to your clothing first to loose a bit of the stickiness.


Now it's time for my card base. Today I'm using white cardstock with a light green snowflake pattern paper. I ran my pieces through my Xyron, then starting with the largest image piece I added it my card front. The next piece is the middle piece which I added one layer of fun foam to the backside. I use my trimmer to cut the fun foam straight. It doesn't cut all the way through, but you can fold and tear it nicely. For the smallest image I used two layers of fun foam.


Now that the layer of fun foam are built I attach the middle piece and then the smallest piece to the card front. Here is a side view of the layers on the card .


I like to add a writing mat on the inside of the card with a piece of the pattern paper from the front of the card. 


I used a couple of snowflake stamps, Versa Mark ink, and gold embossing power to finish off my envelope. I like to finish off the envelope at the same time. If I don't have a use for the card immediately then my card and envelope are to go when I need them.


Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget the we have something up everyday on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog every day this month and Lisa up tomorrow.

Recipe:
Paper: White Cardstock, Green Snowflake Paper  and an envelope
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company KOTM September {all kinds of holiday love}
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink - jet black and Versa Mark Ink
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles Large and Small sets
Misc.; Adhesive, Anti Static pad, Cuttlebug, Embossing Powder - Recollections Gold, Fun Foam, Heat Gun, Paint brush, Prismacolor Watercolor pencils, Washi tape and  Xyron

No comments: