Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge November Challenge #2 Twinkling FairyLight - Patio Lights and Flowers

I finally finished my layout using the Counterfeit Kit Challenge November Kit - CKC Here and There that I'm still trying to get through.  I included a bunch of lights that I cut with my Silhouette and wanted to use them with this picture


which I thought was perfect for the November Challenge #2 - Twinkling Fairy Lights. I keep the Star shaped lights up year round and only unplug them in the winter when I hang the Christmas Icicle lights under our deck. I have them on a timer so they come on in the morning for a few hours and then again at night. In the summertime I like to have my morning coffee on the Patio where I get to see them.


I started by coloring them with Gelato yellow on the light bulb part then mixed the Vintage Photo and the gold for the fixture part of the lights. While they were drying I started playing with some scraps from the 6x6 pad's I included in my CKC - Here and There. I do have one full 6x6x sheet which is the green leaf paper from the Pink Paisley - Everyday Musings 6x6 paper pad.


The 1/2 inch strips across the top are joined in the center, the rose strip is off set, with the rub on underneath them. I added foam tape behind all the lights, wrapped the twine around them and added a gold star between each light.



I had a mini September calendar on my desk which is what I stamped my date and wrote a little bit of journaling on. I added a few more of the lights to the bottom of the calendar, another flower rub on, gold stars and a couple enamel dots for the flower centers. I should have stamped the date onto a piece of scrap paper before I stamped onto the calendar as the year is 2019 not 2018. I used a black marker to fix it.


On the right side I added the DIY bow another flower rub on, light and enamel dot and gold stars. I really wanted the gold Stars to represent the lights under my deck.

Thanks for stopping by.

CKC - Here and There 
8 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2x11 Layouts
4 - Cards

Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge November : CKC - Here and There
Paper: White and Dark Pink Cardstock, 6x6 Paper Pads: Amy Tangerine - On a Whim, Crate Paper - Good Vibes and Pink Fresh - Everyday Musings.
Distress Crayon - Vintage Photo; Gelato - yellow and gold.
Misc.: Adhesive, DIY bow, Enamel Dots, Flower rub on, Foam Tape, Gold Stars, sharpie - Black and Gray, Twine and Zots

No comments: