Thursday, December 12, 2019

Fussy Cutting Card for Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Poinsettia Love

I'm up on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today with a Christmas card and my technique is fussy cutting. I love this Poinsettia stamp when I first saw it and new I had to make a card with it.


I started by stamping my image onto a scrap of white cardstock using my Misti. I new that I was going to use markers to color my image and that I wanted to re-stamp my image after coloring it. I have learned to mark my paper when I do this.

I have ruined many an image by not marking my paper somehow. If I am using a die cut to stamp on I will mark the back side of it. This really takes all the guess work out of it.


After coloring my image I placed it back into the Misti to re stamp it again. I then started fussy cutting my image out. I did not want any white showing so I used a black marker to color in my edges.
Now it is time to make my card. I used a piece of Kraft cardstock for my base, a piece of Christmas paper and a banner made out of a blue scrap for my card front. I did tear one of the edges on the Christmas paper. 
I like to add to the inside of my cards a mat for writing and a piece of the pattern paper that was used on the card front. I have gotten into the habit of also dressing up my envelopes with a stamped image and then heat embosses it. 



It's a little thing but it is such a nice touch. 

Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget that we have something up on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog every day this month, so please hop on over and check it out. Tomorrow is Lisa  is back with a beautiful card.


Recipe:
Paper: DCWV - Holiday Collection "The Christmas Stack", Blue scrap cardstock, Kraft Cardstock, White scrap cardstock  and an envelope
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company - September 2019 KOTM {all kinds of holiday love}
Ink and Markers: Ranger Archival ink - jet black, Bic Marks It - various colors and Brushabes - black
Misc: Adhesive, Anti Static pad, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, and Misti

No comments: