Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Bees and Mint

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 is all about the bees! In our inspiration kit was the cutest little bees, and we were to be inspired by them in some way - "think bees, hives, honey, recipes, etc. If you have a bee photo scrap it, Maybe you have a honey recipe you can scrap about or has someone been stung by a bee?"

This last summer I captured a few photos of the bumble bees on my mint.

I was on the patio gathering a few herbs for dinner and saw them working away, so I snapped a few pictures of them. I  miss the fresh honey and stop at Farmer's Markets when I see them selling the honey now days. 


Using the Stampin Up Paper I cut the inside out of the bee paper to make a frame,  the border is 1"
The bees are from the Cricut Cartridge Kate's ABC's from my Forgeries on the fourth and the honeycomb is from the die that I included in my kit. I wasn't sure how I was going to use the honeycomb die as it only cuts the holes in the paper, it isn't a separate die.



I used the die with black cardstock, add the yellow cardstock behind it and fussy cut the outside layers. I then tucked it behind the bee border and added my bee on top. the two different colors of yellows for the bees are the same colors I used on the honeycomb.



I even added some of the honeycomb to my picture like a photo corner.

Yes I had to do some fuzzy cutting but I love the way it turned out.


All of the bees but the top right one is on craft foam. with each bee cluster I've add yellow enamel dots, black enamel rhinestones and yellow sequins from 28 Lilac Lane - Spring Butterflies mix. 


Now hop on over the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to see what Leslie, Laura, Shannon and Lisa have to inspire with their bee story. If you didn't already see the Forgeries on the Fourth click here to check out what inspired us this month.

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.

You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on istagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary2020).


Thanks for stopping by.

.

No comments: