Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Forgeries on the Fourth

Welcome to the Forgeries on the Fourth for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.

I included a few forgeries in my kit and fist up is the Typewriter. I know there was several pieces that had a typewriter on them and I had this Stamp and Die set that has the typewriter which was a small stamp and a larger die.

 It's a set I picked up and have not used, no time like the breaking it out for a kit. Love that I can slide a sheet of paper in it. I actually learned to type on one of these babies, Dad had one in his office. Hmm, maybe that needs to be a story on a layout.


Next I have a flower die, Sizzix - Flower and Branches, I've used this one many times in the past but I thought it would represent the little flowers in the inspiration kit.  I just ran it through my Cuttlebug using blue and kraft cardstock, glued the pieces together and added sequins from 28 Lilac Lane - Fairy Sparkle for the flower centers. Yes the die comes with flower centers but I decided not to use them.


Lastly, I used my Cricut with the Kate's ACB Cricut Cartridge for the bees. It's button 11 cut at 3" in black and yellow. The light yellow on the larger bee wings has a bit of embossing from another die I couldn't get to cut - it's great embossing.

To check out what the other Master Forgers created head over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

You've hit my favorite elements in the kit this month! Definitely tell that typewriter story. You've reminded me that I have a paper (somewhere???) that I typed at my dad's office waaaaay back in the day <3

Tara O said...

I love your bees! Cute little buzzers.