Sunday, April 12, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - Challenge #1 - May You Live in Pinteresting Times

It's time for Challenge #1 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Clair has picked a scraplift challenge for us. We are to use any layout from her "Scrap" Pinterest Board to scraplift. Her Pinterest Board is https://www.pinterest.co.uk/clair_rigby/scrap/ .

I picked two different layouts for a double page layout for my youngest son.
First up is this layout by Vivianne Perez

and can be found here.
My youngest son is in the process of moving into his first home. We were over there helping him clean up the yard since the snow has finally melted. I loved the teals and golds on this layout and the title "you today".


 From my CKC - Leaps and Bounds I pulled out the Bo Bunny - Bella Rosa Ephemera collection. I used 3 pieces of the small 3x6's and one of the 6x9 pieces for my layering.  I really liked the turquoise on which the photo was on so I made sure to use that. In with the kit was the chipboard arrows .  The picture of my youngest is of him blowing some of leaves in his backyard into piles and I though the birds were perfect for an accent on this page. I added two bird tags, add a small bird circle to the brown label at the top and made a bird wreath out of one of the wagon wheels that was part of the ephemera collection. I had to add this door in place of the wreath on the left side.  For the label on the side of the scrap lift I punched a piece of the turquoise paper and a smaller piece of white cardstock.  I kept the title the same, but I did have to "MacGyver" the letter"t", but all is good

I trimmed the white cardstock down and matted it onto a piece of pattern paper from DCWV - Photoreal from 2016, this is what the 12x12 paper looks like



My second layout is from Scrapbook.com

and can be found here.

I love the wood grain paper with the elements going from top to bottom and the white splash through out. I have to tell you that I am a hoarder of wood grain papers. I love them and have a hard time using them. I have good intentions but have a hard time cutting into them.



I started by cutting down the  "Bella Rosa Damask" to 8 1/2 x 11. I also used a Cut to You free file called Leaf Cluster. Since this is for my son I figured I would substitute the leaves for the flowers and butterflies.  I backed the leaves with a pattern paper from DCWV - Photoreal from 2016.  I have some of the houses from my November Forgeries on the Fourth so I backed  them with papers from the Ephemera Collection and the back of wood grain paper. I added some splatters, a label at the top and a die cut at the bottom of the picture. The picture is backed with one of the 6 x 9 papers.

Here is my paper from the DCWV - Photoreal stack -


You would never know that I used the candy on the stick for the leaves. I love the way they turned out.

Now make sure you check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, Mel, Julene, Lisa and Lori for there take on Clairs's May You Live in Pinteresting Times.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
CKC - Leaps and Bounds
Paper: Bo Bunny -"Bella Rosa Damask,  Bella Rose Ephemera Collection, White cardstock, DCWV - Photoreal from 2016
Punch: E K Success - Photo Label
Forgeries on the Fourth: November 2019 - houses
Misc.: Adhesive, foam tape, Thickers - Delight, thread and zots



1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're a genius! I love using those photorealistic papers (which I tend to find tricky to use) for backing things - it just goes to show that I'm a bit limited in how I see things! Great takes on the original inspiration pages - you picked some good ones! Great job Cindy!