Friday, May 29, 2020

Water Restrictions

I still have quite a few of the tags and labels left from my May Counterfeit Kit - CKC Home. I did cut apart all of the tags and 3x4 cards along with some of the labels but I'm still using very few of them.

I'm using an older (2014) Scrapbook Generation 2 page sketch for my layouts today which can be found here on their website.


I was planning on using the right side of the sketch and my layout doesn't resemble the sketch at all.
I just didn't like the large strawberry block behind my photo so I scaled it down, added a small pink strip at the bottom and die cut leaves with a journaling label from the Craftsmart - Corner office collection. A small description of the city cleaning the fire hydrants will go on it, but the back of the layout has the mailer we received about the possibility of the "No Sprinkers" until the well is fixed.

My second layout is true to the sketch. I pulled the cut a part sheet from Corner Office  to use the Noted on this layout.

I actually have them all cut apart as I thought it would force me into using them faster if I didn't have to cut them. I have some of the labels cut down, as they are not all in straight lines.


I love the way this layout turned out. I added bits from the Good Vibes sticker sheet, bits of die cuts from my left over projects and enamel heart on the label. As I was picking up the pieces I decided to make a pocket page to go with this layout.


I started off with the flower and "you make me happy" journaling cards. I added the left over papers die cut shapes an arrow, journaling labels to fill my pockets. It takes me as long to do a pocket page as it does a regular page.

Then I did a page to correspond with the Party like a Flamingo page I did last week.  I just can't stand the back of the pocket pages with nothing in them, so I have to finish them off.

The colors are similar and I used a cut apart sheet from Jen Hadfield's - Heart of Home. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
May 2020 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit - CKC- Home
Paper: Jen Hadfield - Patio Party (strawberry paper), Recollections - Home Basics (red and white polka dot), Green cardstock; The Paper Studio -  Blanc Boutique
Cut a Parts - Jen Hadfield - Patio Party and Heart of Home; Craft smart - Corner Office.
Stickers - Crate Paper - good vibes
Misc.: die cuts, enamel shapes and adhesive.


No comments: