Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July 2020 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit reveal and Blog Hop - CKC Lovely Day

Hello everyone today is the reveal of our July Counterfeit Kit Challenge Inspiration and Blog Hop. This Month Clair chose the  Digital kit from The Lily Pad called Garden Party.

Here are the papers:

Garden Party Embellishments:

Garden Party Pocket Cards:


I just love the pop of red, blush pink and green in this kit.

Our Guest Designer this month is Jess from Jess Clair Creates. She can be found on her blog here, Instagram here and You Tube here.  Please stop by and check out her July Counterfeit Kit. Don't forget that I have the full Blog Hop list at the bottom of the post.

Here is my kit - Lovely Day
The first paper I thought of was this large Flower paper from Jen Hadfield's "Simple Life" paper pad which reminded me of large black and white flower paper in the kit.


So here is my first set of papers:


DCWV "The Basics Stack" (2011), Heidi Swapp - Magnolia Lane "Miss Jane" (2016), DCWV "The Basics Stack" (2011), front and back of Kaiser Craft - Sage and Grace Collection - "Blossom, Amy Tangerine "Stitched" (2016), unknown Script, We R Memory Keepers "Typecast" (2016), Colorbok "French Prep), Kraft cardstock, Colorbok "French Prep" (2011 I think),American Crafts - DIY Shop (2013) ,last two sheets are from Jen Hadfield's "Simple Life" (2016)

Then I have a couple paper kits that is mostly used that I would like to use up.


It's from Marcell K  and was called Black Tie  Scrap Kit. I don't have a year on this one but it's old. I have it in the plastic it came in, but not sticker on the bag.  I will just be glad it get it used up.


This one is one I made up put together for a wedding album a couple of years ago.  It has some pieces of Webster's Pages "Love Story" paper pad (mainly the cut apart), Amy Tangerine "Stitched", DCWV "The Linen Closet" paper pad (2010), Bazzill Vanilla Cardstock 

Then I used my Paper Lace and Paper Lace 2 Cricut Cartridges to cut a couple of floral images.

I cut them out at 10" out of black cardstock. I thought they matched the floral them. Now for some embellishments. I found a plaid Silhouette cut file from Paper Issues that I want to cut out, but I'm having issues with my Silhouette Machine again. If I can get it to work I will be adding it in.


There is bare chipboard, ribbon in various colors, twine, buttons, enamel dots,  a few sequins, leaves, tags, butterflies, die cut leaves, pre made tags and a few I cut out of the Cricut.  I don't know what color I will painting or covering the chipboard so I'll add that when I make my page. 

As for some tools 


Dies from Stampin' Up - Lots of Labels, Sizzix - Labels 3, Stamp and Dies from Papertrey Ink - Tabbed, A few Pointers and Slide Frame; Stamp and Cut from fire fly - Butterfly, Stamps from Unity Stamp Company - June 2020 KOTM {Change the world} and a punch from Stampin' Up - Bird Builder. Then I found the two Nuvo drops I had included in my original wedding album kit above - Raspberry Pink and Sugared Almond. 

I will be adding in cardstock as I need it and alphabet stickers or dies when I actually make a title. I have an idea for a forgery that I'll need add in a mini punch or two, but you will have to wait for the 4th so see them.

Your next stop on the hop if Julene -  I can't wait to see her kit as she always has something added that I don't think of.

Here's the full hop:



Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Guest Designer Jess - https://jessclairecreates.wordpress.com/

Cindy - http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/ (You are here)

Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/

Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/

Lisa - http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/

Lori - https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/

Tara - https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/

Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/

Tracey - https://3obsessions.blogspot.com/

Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/
Tomorrow Claire will posting on the Counterfeit Kit Blog the "Just the Gist" then on the 4th we have Forgeries on the Fourth.  We love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-Up page on the Blog, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitschallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkit challenge and #ckcjuly2020).

Thanks for stopping by.



7 comments:

Clair said...

Ooh, Cindy. It's a lovely take on the inspiration kit, with a more traditional feel. I love the little addition of red in your embellishments too!

Julene Matthews said...

I'm sure I had that black tie kit too. Your tiny embellishments will be fun to use. Great kit!

Tara O said...

You have a great kit to work with this month!! Looking forward to your forgeries too!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is a Lovely kit :) perfect name for it. Sorry to hear your having issues with your Silhouette. Looking forward to seeing what you create :)

Susanne said...

Love your paper selections and then the kits and extras you've added. Enjoy.

LCSmithSAVED said...

You had me at that first paper - swoon - and you've pulled in a lot of older product that still seems fresh. I love to see all of your bits & bobs each month! Here's hoping your Silhouette stops pouting & cooperates :D

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: FAB kit for July! I like the bits of reds and peach tones to go with your neutrals! And lots of variety in the graphics! Can't wait to see what you do this month!