Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Forgeries on the Fourth - August 2020

Here's a recap of our inspiration kit this month - Hip Kit's August 2019 main kit.
I made the frames and the Chevron paper for my forgeries this month.




I love the Pink Paislee Truly Grateful Paper #6 and thought it would be an awesome paper to recreate.


So I pulled out my border punches and a few sheets of pattern paper and white cardstock. From the Gold paper I used the Swirling Lace punch, the purple flower uses the Scallop 3 dot punch and from the white cardstock I use the scallop border punch.


I cut a piece of white cardstock 3" x 12" and then into 3" x 4" pieces numbering the backs as I cut them.  I will admit I did this first the hard way and glued the gold paper down then each color after onto my 3x4 rectangle. I then using scissors and my paper trimmer to make it a 3x4 rectangle. The first one was easy, but the second, third and fourth were harder  as I was laying each paper down separately and then trimming.

I did this for all four 3x4's then layered them onto a scrap of card stock.

By the time I got to the third rectangle my sewing side kicked in and I decided to do strip piece it like I was quilting, (I should have though of that at first). Because i'm cutting off the overhang on each 3x4 rectangle I need two pattern paper strips. I also ditched the cardstock as it made it a bit bulky and my pattern papers are white on the back side so I used that for the white cardstock.
Here is paper set number 2

and my quilting strip.





I only did these two pieces and not a full size 12x12 paper. I'm not sure how I'll use them on my layouts. I normally scrap in sets of three so I do need to make another one for 8 1/2 x 11.



Now for my frames - I stamped and embossed with gold and black embossing powders. It's really humid here and the embossing was really messy but I'm cutting out the inside of the frames. 


Where the embossing powder isn't clean is where I'm putting my embellishment cluster. I pulled out a few of the flowers - both die cut and punched, the sequins, enamel dots and rhinestones along with some thread. I realized the Inspiration Kit had a couple of birds in the embellishments so I pulled out a bird punch. 


And here is my finished frames. I really like how they turned out. 


I haven't colored in the flowers on the bottom left frame  as I'm not sure what colors I'll be using it on.


Don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for all of the forgeries this month.
Thanks for stopping by. 

Recipe:
Paper:
Punches: Martha Stewart - Swirling Lace, Scallop 3 dot and Loops  punch; Stampin' Up - Scallop and Scallop Trim punch, Bird Builder punch, flower punches
Misc.: Flowers, thread sequins, rhinestones, enamel dots and zots.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Great reconstruction of the Paper. Love the orange and pink together. Great kit.