Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - List It!

 Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - List It! We are using the Not Just For Boys Kit Club December "Flurries" Deluxe Theme Kit. 



Lisa has this to say about our first challenge for January, " One of the papers features a pocket page card with a list of fun winter activities and at January, some of us make lists for the new year with resolutions, goals or just plants for the year. So, let's get listing and feature some sort of list on your page!"

I'm using my January 2021 - Snow for my papers and embellishments 



We had Christmas Eve dinner with the kids. Wouldn't you know it we had a blizzard December 23rd. I was fulling expecting the kids to call and postpone until after the new year as the roads were a mess, Ice covered and most of them were closed do to the accidents and now getting plowed. I shrunk down my list to show just the last three items on it.  1. Baby proof the outlets, 2. Turn on the Christmas Lights and 3. Set the table. 

With Derek being born last year this is really his first Christmas and he is a crawling machine right now, we are expecting him to walking any day. The first thing on my list is that I need to Derek proof the outlets. Our Christmas lights are on timers so they had to be taken off the timers and the third is to set the table. 

I'm also using a sketch from Shannon Allor's She's Crafty - A Mini Paper Pad Class Sketch #1. It's a free class that started this year. You can check it on her YouTube Channel. 




I turned the sketch onto its side rotating it to the left. 


I used the holly and berry for my background, then layered the 6x6 paper and the scraps under my photo. I used a 3x4 journaling card for my list, and punched a few snowflakes from a white polka dot scrap. I even found a green ribbon with poinsettia on it as an additional layer. 

Be sure to hop on over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog as we have Guest Designer Tamara, Master Forger Tara and Master Forger Leslie to inspire you with their List It! layouts. 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and ckcjanuary2021).

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:

CKC January 2021 - Snow

Paper: DCWV - The Christmas Stack - the holly and berry background paper, Red and Tan Cardstock,  6x6  - white woodgrain, red and white check, and tan grid paper, unknown which ones as they were pulled from the pads and didn't make it onto a layout. Scraps of pattern paper: green on green, multi color diagonal strip, blue snowflake paper, gold and white pattern paper, and white polka dot paper,
Punch: Stampin' Up - Spiral border punch and XCut  Large - icy snowflake 


1 comment:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Great story! You found all the perfect elements 😊