Thursday, February 18, 2021

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Natural Inspiration

 Welcome to Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Natural Inspiration!  We are using Scrapbook Werkstatt as our inspiration kit. 


Isn't it a nice spring kit. Lisa, our Master Forger this month, said "the embellishments in this kit feature a lot of flowers, birds, butterflies and even bees. Yes, it would appear that spring is on its way or at least the hope of spring is here! So why  not bring a little nature to your layouts. Be inspired by the wildlife in this kit,"  I don't know about you, but I am definitely ready for some warmer weather and the nature I see right now is the tracks of the bunnies, squirrels and birds in my yard. 


For my layout, I pulled out a variety of papers from my CKC February 2021 - A New Story Kit. I added in a off white pattern paper from DCWV - Old World Stack, then I have Maggie Holmes "Gather" in the background. I decided to mat most of the layers on black cardstock as they were blending together. The word paper is the 8x8 from from Pretty Little Studio, and then more Maggi Holmes "Gather".  

The "so Lovely" banner is from Craft Smart "Corner Office". I really liked the "so lovely" so I just made sure to cover up the office words with the papers and embellishments. Then I added in the leaves and flower chipboard and a fussy cut bee. 


For the "Nature" part of the inspiration I had chipboard butterflies, birds, a little fawn, a swan or two and birds in my kit.  I had stamped several birds and bees as part of my Forgeries on the Fourth. to be honest I had to add re-do my layout and add in the "Nature" part on this layout. I had pulled all the flowers and leave, and tucked them here and there then realized I was suppose to use the butterflies, birds and bees. 

 I used the chipboard butterfly with a sticker and the date at the top of my layout.  and added two more of the fussy cut bees. 


It is so nice to see the beautiful green in the middle of winter. It has been bitterly cold here in Minnesota for the last two weeks and it seems we are sharing it with the rest of the country. So stay warm, stay safe and think warm thoughts. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and what the rest of the master forgers created for inspiration.

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary21.)

No comments: