Thursday, February 4, 2021

Forgeries on the Fourth

We are using the Scrapbook Werkstatt (https://www.scrapbook-werkstatt.de as our Inspiration kit this month. 


Lisa, our Master Forger this month, said "I think there are a few items which could be forged - not least the velvet bows and some of the die cuts. But I know you will surprise me, as always, with your own ideas for what should be created!"

I of course pulled out many stamp sets and stamped a bunch on scrap pieces of cardstock. I will use these to tuck or as main embellishments. I love the bee hive and bees and will be using that on a card.


I also made a heart transparency with embossing power. The inspiration kit had the pink bows, but I could not find a bow stamp. I know - really no bow stamp. So I substituted the open heart stamp and blue embossing powder.  The hearts are die cut from scrap paper in various sizes. 

I had these all done, and cleaning up my table when I turned around and saw my fabric. I know the bows were in velvet, but I decide to make a few burnt flowers out of silk. I'm saving my velvet for a quilt top. I can definitely part with the silk for some scrapbooking. I need pull out some organza to do the same.


I pulled out a piece of blue silk fabric, cut a rough, really rough circle, more like a square with the edges rounded, cut into it for the petals. Then burned the edges. I did not iron the fabric before doing this. I know that is a hug no no in sewing, but I am not sewing these. Be sure to be prepared to blow out the flames as it will burn fast. I have not made these flowers in a long time, so a few are really lop sided. I can use these for tucking. 

Thanks for stopping by.

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary2021.

No comments: