Monday, May 1, 2023

May 2023 Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Blog Hop

 Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Blog Hop for May 2023. Julene is the Master Forger in charge this month and she has chosen the "Noteworthy" Limitless Kit - (Not Just for Boys Kit Club.  She says " I wanted somthing different to pinks and peaches. Some of us have male photos to scrap and this worrks for that. I can also visualize it being used for Heritage layouts. There's neutrals if you want to go that way also. I'm old enough to also think it has a retro vibe. The circle paper reminds me of wallpaper!"






Ourt Guest Designer this month is Sheryle Thomas, and here is a little bit about Sheryle " I'm Sheryle Thomas from Michigan, USA. I have been a member of CKC community for a while and have enjoyed pulling the kits together and participating in the challenges, though I find moods boards very difficult. O
, a retired nurse/ While I worked most of my career in Long Tern Care, I spent 5 years caring for my Mum full time until she passed away in 2021. 

I have been scrapping since 2004 or so though many years were spent accumulating and now I have the opportunity to enjoy this hobby and my stash. I'm single and my usual subjects are nieces and nephews, siblings, daily events and of course my beloved cats. Currently I have 5 kitties, several of which love to assist me scrapping." Please give Sheryle a warm welcome! Sheryle will be posting her kit on the CKC Facebook community. 




 For my May 2023 Counterfeit Kit - I pulled the green and neutrals that Ihave left from the DCWV Heirloom Stack (2011) and a set of flower papers from the Park Lane "Happy Garden" paper pad. I do have a few of the paper from the Heirloom Stack that have the dark red in them that may make an appearance during the month. 



I did pull in three 6x6 paper pad that I thought went well with the inspiration this month. - Prima - Stationer's Desk (2014), Simple Stories - Documented (2012) and Fancy Pants - Etcetera (2013). I've only used a couple of pieces from each of them.



For the embellishments Prima Stamp Set, Tags, and Flair buttons with a stamp.  I have included random tickets, ribbon, buttons, pieces of chipboard, die cut some are embossed, flowers and butterflies. I even included a woodgrain embossing folder and Stampin' Up - Flower Garden folder. I will be adding cardstock as I make my layouts. I couldn't decide on what stencil to include so that will be added in when I do the layout - do I use a circle stencil, triangles or something else - I couldn't make up my minds. I do have my circle punches set aside in case I need to use them for circular elements. 

The next person on the hop is Julene at Julene By Design.

4 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Looks wonderful Cindy. I especially like your embellishments

Susanne said...

Oh nicely done, I think a bit of red tones can really enhance the kit. Well chosen you!

Misty said...

Gorgeous kit Cindy!

Machelle@smalltownscrap said...

I really like your kit! Especially the blue paper on top, but the soft yellow flowers are pretty, too. I am definitely inspired to make a kit this month.