Thursday, June 1, 2023

 Hi Welcome ti the June Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop! Tara is our Master Forger in charge this month. Our Gest Designer this month is Stacy James! Here is her Instagram account.  Be sure to leave her some love!!!

Here's her bio:

My Name is Stacy James - I am the mother of two adult daughters, 29/30 Brittany and Caitlyn and two grandchildren Harper 3 and Tommy who will be 2 in July! My husband Dan and I live in Saint Paris , Ohio and have two crazy pets Max who I call my baby dinosaur because he’s an English Mastiff and grows more everyday, and Jack a Persian who looks like Wilford Brimley! I’m a full time adjudicator for the state of Ohio - but I am also a full time memory keeper ❤️ I’ve been scrapbooking since the late 80’s and have taught at stores (when they were everywhere) and now and proud to be on a couple amazing design teams - Traci Reed and Syncopation . You can more often than not find me on my Instagram daily and weekly on my YouTube since Anna has taught me how to utilize it ❤️! As for my style - it’s whimsical,colorful and wordy … I am a huge fan of the story . I truly believe that though we all love the ephemera and the pretty- without the story - the who, the what,and the why, we loose the grit! Because I’m 25+ years when someone grabs the album if they don’t know who is in the photo, where it was why it was taken what will they see? Pretty flowers and strangers. So my style in a nutshell is making sure my stories don’t leave strangers on pretty pages ! I can’t wait to play this month with all of you ❤️❤️❤️

For this month's inspiration kit, Tara chose a digital kit from Weeds & Flowers Supply Co!  "This is a new kit club to Tara and she thought that the kit was very summery with its bright colors and fun icons!  Here's the link to the actual kit:  The Friendship Collection .

Let's take a look at the main kit!

This photo only gives you a little sneak peek of what is inside this kit so I have pulled some more photos from their website! First up are the papers.  You know me-I LOVE PATTERNED PAPER!!  This is where I always go first when I am curating a kit from my stash.  I look at the papers and start pulling similar stuff from my containers of patterned paper!

Tara says, "will also notice that this kit has a TON of patterned papers!!!  My personal kits are almost always huge and this kit is also HUMONGOUS.  It makes my heart happy!  What I really like about these patterned papers is that there are papers for scrapbooking the girls and the boys in your life!  I am a mom of five-3 boys and 2 girls and sometimes it's nice to have stuff to scrapbook both! "

Tara said, "She was in love with those tabs and arrows from the very beginning and when shw was choosing between a couple of different kits, those are what sold me on this one completely!"


 There are washi strips and flair too!!

And FRAMES!  I love frames for layering!!!


Here's my Counterfeit Kit for June - CKC - Bunches of Fun


I pulled quite a few of older papers that did not make it onto a layout from previous kits along with the two already die cut papers. I'm not sure why they are so hard to use, but this is the month. With pulling papers from previous kits I really did not find an orange that I liked, and I have way more teal than blue, but it's something I can work with.  I'm adding in cardstock as needed. I also have my scrap pile to pull from as needed. I have not been very good at keeping up with it. 

Now for the embellishments. I have just about everything in this kit.


I'm hoping to use the die cuts for a few titles, but there are die cuts, cuts from my Cricket and Silhouette, puffy stickers, enamel dots and rhinestones and buttons, chipboard and a variety of stickers in the Park Lane sticker book, stamped images, ribbon twine, and thread, journaling spots, tags, and book cards. 

I also included quite a few tools to use during the month. I have not used the Tim Holts ticket and film strip in a long time and one of my favorite Arrow dies, some of the smaller leaf dies a leaf punch. I added in the June Kit of the Month and June Story of the Month Kits. 


I will add in ink as I go and may add in a few more dies if I need them.

Make sure you check out the  Blog Hop - Julene is next on the list  - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/

1st June - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop

Thanks for stopping by.




4 comments:

Susanne said...

What a bright fun kit you will all be making this month. I love your papers and your bits and bobs are fab!! Enjoy.

Julene Matthews said...

This is a pretty kit. lots of lovely items and papers in this. Enjoy!

Tara O said...

I love your papers but your embellishments are just spot on!!! Fabulous kit and definitely bunches of fun!

Tina Campbell said...

Fantastic kit Cindy :)