Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Card Swap

This months Stamp Club Theme is Holiday. I decided to do a Thanksgiving card and I can send it to my sister.

I just love the way it turned out. It was a little labor intensive doing this for everyone in the group, the coloring of the tag, creating the quote to the right size, and stamping on the inside to cover up the vellum on the back of the card front. But I think it is worth it.

The brown cardstock is embossed but you could use regular brown cardstock. I just love the pattern paper and wish I had more of it. There is a slight shabbiness to it. I created the quote in Photoshop, printed it onto vellum, centered it onto the card front and wrapped it around to the back of the card front.

I used red line tape to attach the vellum to the card front at the bottom of the pattern paper only.

The sunflower border is stamped and clear embossed onto orange cardstock. I tried to match it to the orange in the pattern paper. I made the tag the hard way - using my paper trimmer to cut to size, scissors to trim the corners and crop-a-dile to punch the hole.

I stamped and clear embossed the saying onto white cardstock and cut it to cover the vellum on that is wrapped around from the card front.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe: Cardstock - white, orange and Brown cardstock - AC Cardstock "Chestnut Damask", Pattern paper - Lily Bee Design " Lovely", Vellum
Stamps: Stampin' Up - Bright Blessing Roller Stamp, Clear Designs - O - Leaf on envelope; Sunflower Border stamp - unknown by whom
Ink: Stampin' Up - Early Espresso, Poppy Parade; Inkadinkadoo - Burgandy
Markers: Stampin' Write - Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry; Zig Burshables - Spring Green
Misc: Crop-a-dile, clear embossing powder, ribbon.

No comments: