Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Trees - Day 9

I have seen these trees every where and when I do I keep saying I can make that.  Here is how I did.  I went shopping at the dollar store and picked up cone shapes and a set of the round balls.  The round balls come in a pack of two. 


I spray painted my terra cotta pots and bottoms and used acrylic paint on the skewers.  While they were drying I made a pattern by rolling my cone onto a scrap piece of paper, cutting it out, and tweaking it until I got the look I wanted.  I then cut it out of my pattern paper.  It did take a sheet of 12x12 paper per tree.


I added my lace and sheer ribbon to the inside of my tree shape then added the ribbon to the outside of my paper and finally glued it all together.  For the Flocked tree I had to use the glue gun to keep it together.  My finishing touch was to add a large button to the top of the trees.



I glued the styrafoam ball into the pots, added the trees and topped with some glass marbles I already had

Thanks for stopping by.

If you missed any of the 12 Days of Halloween click here.


Recipe:
Paper:
Halloween Words: Pink Paislee - Twlight Collection "Dusk" 
Striped Patter: Pink Paislee - Twlight Collections " Sunset"
Orange flocked - Archivers Halloween Kit - Doodlebug Design Inc - Tangerine Chenille Cardstock
Ribbon and Lace: Scrapbook Heaven Kit - Orange Lace, Celebrate It - Sheer 1 1/2" ribbon, Black Fring trim from my stash.
Misc: Skewers, Black Acrylic Paint, Spray Paint, Terra Cotta Pots, Buttons, hot glue, adhesive, styrafoam cones 2 7/8 x 7 7/8, buttons, stryafoam ball.

No comments: