Sunday, July 14, 2013

4th of July

Here's a couple of layouts for my Guys' albums.  I used the 213 in 2013 Challenge at Two Peas In a Bucket for these layouts.  I've been working on pages for other people and needed a break from it.  The guys will add the photos to their layouts so I used white card stock where the photos go. 
 

I started out using my Cricut cut the fireworks outs of white card stock.  I then glimmer misted another piece of white card stock with yellow, red and blue, cut strips to fit behind my firework mat and glued everything to a piece of brown card stock.  I then started the layering process. 

 
The photos just do not do them justice.
 
Out of the five creative prompts I did four on these layouts. 

1. Cut your background with your Silhouette - I used my Cricut.
2. Add texture to using stitching within a design - did not do this.
3. Glue your pictures diagonally - did this.
4. Use a stencil as your main title - cut with my Cricut.
5. Use stamps as embellishments on your layout - used lots of stamps and hand cut them out.

Thanks for stopping by.

Entered in the 213 for 2013 July 8, 2013

Recipe:
Paper: DCWV - The Heirloom Stack, red, and textured brown; Recollections - white, black and orange; Unknown - red
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month - August 2011 {what I know}, October 2012 {from ours to yours}, November 2012 {so into you}
Ink: Inkadinkdoo - burgundy; Martha Stewart - dark blue, ocean; Versa Mark - Aegean Blue, Coffee Bean; Color Box - Yellow
Glimmer Mist:  Tattered Angels - Yellow Daisy, Jazzy Blue; I made the Red
Die: Tim Holtz - mini filmstrip
Punches: Stampin' Up - Ticket corner, corner rounder, Spiral Border; EK Success - Starry Night
Cricut Cartridges: George and the Basic Shapes and Stand & Salute
Misc.: adhesive, pop up dots

No comments: