Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New School

Hi everyone, today is my day at the Card A Day Blog. The theme this week is New School, Job or Home. I decided to make a New School side step card.  I started with black card stock for my base and made the Stair Step, how I made mine is posted below.  I then pulled out a  couple of pieces of pattern paper for the steps and alternated the patterns on the steps. 





I stamped the number in a couple of different colors of green ink to match the green on the stripe paper. Cut then out and glued them to the main panel.  I stamped the notebook paper in blue ink, punched the holes and stamped the sentiment on top.  I pop up dots underneath the notebook paper.


For the first step I stamped congratulation onto a piece of white cardstock then used the word window punch to punch it out. On the second step I stamped the bookworm and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch and backed it with a piece of dark orange cardstock.  For the top third step I make a bow out of a piece of ABC ribbon and added a bit of lace to finish it off.


Stop back tomorrow as Christine Patton will be at the Card A Day Blog to inspire you.
Thanks for Stopping by.

1 card for Operation Write Home.

Side Step Card Tutorial:
Start with a piece of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" carstock (this is your base).  On the 5 1/2" side line the cardstock in a paper cutter at 3". Starting at 1" cut all the way to 6 1/2".  With the Score Board Score the 2 1/2" section at 4 1/4".  On the 3" section score at 1", 2", 3 1/4", 4 1/2" and at 6 1/2".  Fold the 4 1/4" score down.  Fold the 1" score down, the next up and continue until all scored lines folded.

Recipe:
Paper: Recollections - black, white and dark orange; Unknown - Designer Pattern Paper
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month - June 2011 {... all smiles}; Stampin' Up - First Day; Impression Obsession - Sentiment II
Ink: Color Box - Cyan, Scarlet; Versa Magic - Coffee Bean; Stazon - Jet Black; Martha Stewart - wasabi and stem green
Ribbon: American Crafts - ABC and a scrap of lace
Punch: Stampin' Up - Word window, Decorative Label
Misc.: adhesive, pop up dots, Paper cutter, Score Board, scissors.

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card Cindy, really like seeing this type of fold of a card you can do so much with it.