Saturday, December 14, 2013

Snow - Season's Greetings

Hi everyone, today is my day to host at the Card A Day Blog. We are finishing up the Snow Theme before the Christmas Break and then we see you back in January for another fun year of Card Challenges.  I do have cutting instructions at the bottom of this post.


I used the Plantin SchoolBook Cricut Cartridge to cut the tree border. One of the borders cut at 2" will make two cards.  I then inked the edges with stickles.  While this was drying I stamped my sentiment and matted it onto blue cardstock. 



To make my card I started with a pieces of white cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/2" on the 8 1/2" side. The front of the card is cut at 3" from the bottom of the card and then across to the top of the card.  The die cut piece is attached to the back of the card front making the top of the card open.


I matted the inside with the blue cardstock to represent the sky. I added a few pearls to the blue cardstock to represent the stars.  Thanks for joining us for the Card A Day Blog this year and we hope that you come back next year.  Tomorrow Shelley will be here to inspire you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: White cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4. Then top part of the front cut away. Mine is cut at 3" from the bottom of the card.
Blue Cardstock: (Inside blue mat) 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
White Mat (Inside) 4" x 3"
White Cardstock (Sentiment) 3 1/2" x 2"
Blue Cardstock (mat for sentiment) 3 1/2" x 2 1/4"

Cricut: Plantin SchoolBook - Button 38, Italic Feature cut at 2"

Recipe:
Paper: Recollections - Blue and white cardstock
Ink: Colorbox - Royal Blue; Inkadinkadoo - Navy Blue
Stickles: Crystal Ice
Cricut Cartridge: Plantin SchoolBook
Mics.: Adhesive, pearls

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Sweet card and I just love how you inked the edges with sticles.