Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Sketch It Up - to be continued layout

 Challenge #2 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is to Sketch It Up! The Sketch Lisa picked out is from Basic Grey 2012 

You can find the blog post here. Lisa say's it's a double page spread but feel free to use it complete or just one of the pages - it features some chevrons which reminded me of the photo corners in the HS sticker book from the kit and I really think it can be reinterpreted to reflect today's scrappy style if that's the way you want to go?

I had included two pieces of paper from the Colorbox - French Silk paper pad to use as my background on this sketch and one additional paper for the chevrons. I was planning on using scraps for the horizontal papers. 

As I was cleaning off my desk I came across the Colorbok Patterned Paper, Stickers and Punch out pack in Truffle and saw the sheet of the glittered leaves and had to do some fussy cutting as I thought they would be a perfect replacement for the chevrons. 


I pulled in one of the acetate 4x6 cards and cut it apart for my title "to be continued" I thought was perfect as it is a work in process and not finished at this point. 

I used embossed brown cardstock and cut several circles out the bottom one is moved up a little to include the journaling instead of the title.

I changed the photos up a little, on the left side I used a 3 1/2 x 4 and 4 x 6 photo, on the right side another 4x6 and a 4 x 3 3/4 and a 4 x 2

Don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. 

Recipe: 

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - CKC August 2021 - Having Fun:
Paper: Colorbok - French Silk paper pad (unknown), Colorbok Patterned Paper, Stickers and Punch out pack - Truffle, DCWV - Photoreal 180 sheets paper pad - photo mats dark brown wood grain and cookie paper (2016) and various scrap paper, Heidi Swapp Project Life "Mix and Match"
Misc.: adhesive, circle dies, Xyron 

No comments: