Saturday, September 4, 2021

Forgeries on the Fourth

 Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Forgeries on the Fourth. This is a long post. I included theses paper in my kit 



to make a paper forgery of the Heidi Swapp - Old School "Summerland" paper, I know the colors do not match what is in the inspiration paper, but is is for inspiration and will work better for my photos.



I started by cutting the papers at 1 inch then gluing it to my cardstock.


 Then I tried at 1/2" 


I have enough of the paper left I can do more pages if I want to use this on a two page layout.  I used the pieces from the edges I cut and made a few banners for layering. 



Since I said I didn'[t have the right colors of orange or yellow in my pattern papers I pulled two of them from K and Company Carks Color Basics Paper pad (2015) to cut some leaves.


The leaves in the goldenrod color are from Caluya Design and are the Free Botanical Leaves. The orange ones are from Paper Issues. The file is called Leaves are Falling and they are a background file that I hand the leaves apart. 


Master Forger Tara  found some wood slice cut files from Silhouette Design Store. They cut beautifully.
First up is Design 315536 Tree Rings 

Design 324878 Sunflower Wood slice 

Design 32351 flower wood slice. 

I cut mine in white cardstock but you can use a pattern paper. I always keep the inside pieces until I'm done with the cut file. I might have to do some watercolors on the two flower frames.


The last thing I did is I used the scraps from my forged paper and made these banners 


then made this quick start to this layout. 

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to see what inspired the Design Team this month.

No comments: