Sunday, March 12, 2023

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - Mood Board.

 Challenge #1 is up on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Bog and Facebook Group. Just a reminder we are using Traci Reed's Time to Thrive Kit for our inspiration this month,

which can be found here - Introducing the Time to Thrive Digital and Printable Scrapbook Collection by Traci Reed — Traci Reed Designs

For Challenge #1 we are to use her Mood Board to Create a layout. Here is the mood board.

From the mood board I took inspiration from the color blue, greenery, flowers, butterfly, selfcare and meditation for my layout. 


I started with the one of the papers from Craft Smith (2015) Sweet Mint papers. and a neutral background from Jen Hadfield - DIY Home (2015) for my backgrounds.

I never did find my "self-care" stamp, so I pulled another 3x4 journaling card cut at an angel added to a 3x4 paper from Fancy Pants 6x6 paper pad - Office Suite (2014) to make my own. I was planning on stamping and fussy cutting out the a few of the stamps that were in the March Stories by the month for the leaves but did not like how they turned out. I pulled in some of the leaves I had cut for a prior Forgeries on the Fourth to use instead. I had the butterfly stamp and die I included but had these butterflies I fussy cut for another Forgery on the Fourth instead. Sometimes the Stamping and dies do not turn out the way I thought they would. The chipboard pies is from one the Stories by the month. 



As I was looking for my prior forgeries, I found one of transparency frame (another Forgery) to give me just a little bit more blue to my layout. I fussy cut it so that it looks like is running all the way down the side of the page. Once it in a sheet protector and album no one will notice. 

I added a small cluster of pattern papers, butterflies and a word sticker to the bottom cluster. 

My journaling will read: 

During Covid I started taking time to sit and have a cup of tea or coffee in the mornings and at night. Just a few minutes during all the craziness at the time. Today I still take the time to sit on my patio before and after work with a cup of something watching the birds, bunnies and squirrels. Just a few minutes. This winter I have I left out the table and chairs, shoveled the patio when it not extremely cold and will take a few minutes out there. 

Here is what the patio looks like today and yes, it is still snowing. 



Don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and Facebook Group. Thanks for stopping by. 


No comments: