Tuesday, September 4, 2012

OWH VCMP - Sketch #136

Operation Write Home is hosting a Virtual Card Making Party this Labor Day weekend. Here is my card for Sketch #136 on the Operation Write Home Blog.
 
When I have a scraps of cardstock or pattern paper left over from a project I pull out my dies and do a little bit of cutting, inking, and assembling if need be.  The birdies on this card are from my jar of birdies from scraps. The colors of the birds are the colors in the background paper.  I embossed my pattern paper then layered the tan cardstock and the birds on top.  I stamped the sentiment and cut it out.
 
For the inside I stamped the bird from the October kit in the corner and added a strip of background paper to the left hand side of the mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 card made for OWH
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the products mentioned.

Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock - Recollections tan and brown; Pattern paper - unknown
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Arglye
Dies: Stampin' Up - Sizzlits Birds and Bloom
Stamp: Unity Kit of the Month December 2011 {... filled with love} and October 2011 {Faith, Hope, Love...live by it}
Ink: VersaMagic - Midnight Black, Coffee Bean
Misc: adhesive, pearls, die cut birds

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great colors and images...like how the "blue" bird is close to the sentiment...Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

So cute, Cindy! I love that the birds don't face the same direction :) Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!