Thursday, November 1, 2012

Home for Christmas

Hi everyone, today I'm the designer for A Card A Day Blog and I'm continuing with the theme Home for Christmas. 

For today's card I made a Recessed Window card.  Splitcoaststampers has a great tutorial on how to make this type of card. I started by cutting out my window frame as it is a different size than the tutorial. I centered the window frame onto my card front and traced the inside and outside frame dimensions.  From there I used a 1/4" just like the tutorial to make my box.

 
The card layers are the window frame with snow and a wreath, acetate, glitter card stock and card base.   I cut the window, wreath, fireplace and Christmas tree with my Cricut.  Then I did a bunch of fussy cutting using paper that had the stocking and presents on it.  I punched the rug and placed it in front of the fireplace.  I have a little bit of foam tape behind the presents and stocking and between my two layers of Christmas tree to extra dimension.
 
 
I used a bunch of stickles for to decorate my Christmas Tree and the wreath. I used Snow-Tex to add some dimension to the snow on the window frame. 

For the inside of the card I covered my frame with a snowflake pattern paper.  I again cut a couple of Christmas tree to my mat.  The recessed window card is a thick card and I will be attaching it to a present that is being hand delivered.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what Tina from Tina's Scrap Corner has to inspire you.

Cricut Cutting Instructions:
Christmas Noel: Brown Cardstock - window cut at 5 3/8"; Acetate - blackout feature cut at 5 3/8; and White - using the shift feature for snow in the window.
Christmas Noel: Green Cardstock - Tree cut 2 at 2 3/4"
Joys of the Season: Brown, red and black -  Fireplace cut at 1 1/2" and Yellow, red, gray fireplace layers cut at 1 1/2"
Joys of the Season: Green cardstock Wreath cut at 1 1/2" for base, layers and shadow.

Recipe:
Paper: Recollections cardstock - brown and white; Recollections Bright and Jolly paper pack; DCWV - gray, green, red and yellow; Making Memories - {note}worthy Addie Pattern Stripe for run and wall covering; acetate
Ink: VersaMagic - Red Magic and Pearlescent Ivy
Stickles: Aqua, Crystal Ice, Fruit Punch, Gold, Holy, Lavender,  Xmas Red and Crystal Ice
Cricut Cartridges:  Christmas Noel, Joys of the Season
Punch: Stampin' Up - Boho Blossoms
Misc.: Adhesive, foam tape, hot glue, Xacto Knife, scissors snow-Tex

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Wow!Wow!Wow! What a really cool card! Oh I'll have to look into this at Splitcoast. All the cuts are interesting in their own way, really like the snow effect on the window.