Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sympathy Card

Today I need a card for a co-worker who's husband passed away suddenly.  This just reinforces how short life is.

I used my computer to print my sentiment, using Tangerine at 72pt for  "Thinking" then centering "OF YOU" underneath in Calibri at 30pt. I couldn't get this to work in word so I had to use Photoshop.  I wish I had the Sincere Salutations from Stampin' Up and I would have just used the stamp. I inked all the edges with Vintage Photo - it really is my go to ink.

 
I used my Cricut to cut out three ovals out of the George and Basic Shapes.  The small oval I ran through my printer to get my sentiment on.  I then layered my cuts from the Damask Decor attached the pearls and the flowers.  I added foam tape to the back of my ovals. 


I again inked the inside mat then add the paisley accent with a couple of white flowers and pearls.  I then added more pearls up the right hand side and to the bottom of the card.


It's a very pretty card for a really sad occasion. Thanks for stopping by.

Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the products mentioned.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: White cardstock: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
Embossed White cardstock:  5 1/4" x 4"
Inside Mat White Cardstock: 5 1/4 " x 4"
Ovals White cardstock:  approximately 4" x 6 1/2"
Green Cardstock: 1 1/2" x 5" for Cricut

Cricut Cutting sizes:
George and the Basic Shapes: Oval of each size cut at 2 1/2", 2 3/4" and 3"
Damask Decor: Paisley cut three at 1" (Keypad Button 6 with the Layer 1 button selected)

Recipe:
Cardstock: Recollections - white
Ribbon: Celebrate It 1 1/2" Dark Blue
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Textile
Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Cricut Cartridges: George and the Basic shapes, Damask Decor
Flowers:  Prima Flowers - Spring Mix; Silk Ribbon roses
Misc.: Pearls, Adhesive, Glue gun, Foam Tape, Adobe Photoshop

No comments: