Friday, November 16, 2012

Ornament Pop Up card

Hi everyone, today I'm the designer for A Card A Day Blog and I'm continuing with the theme Christmas Ornaments. I used the Mojo Monday Sketch # 267 for the layout of my card.


 
For today's card I made an Ornament pop up card.  I started with my the ornament punch and punched 8 of them out of the Fliratious Designer Paper.  I used my Score Board and scored seven of them down the center.  I lined up the top of the ornament with the top of my scoring board and made sure the point of the ornament was in the center of a scoring line then scored.  I then folded each ornament and glued them together. I then traced around the eighth ornament on a piece of Old Olive card stock and cut around it leaving a little bit of border.  I glued this eighth piece to the green card stock and attached my pop up pieces. 

 
I lined everything up on my card then I stamped my sentiment onto the cream card stock.  I kept the inside pretty simple on this one so that I have more room to write.

 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what Christine Patton from Creative Genie-ous has to inspire you.

I'm entering this in Mojo Monday #267.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: Cherry Cobbler - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", Scored at 4 1/4"
Cream Mat: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Polka Dots: 5 1/4" x 4"
Cream Mat for stripe paper: 5 1/4" x 2 3/4"
Strip Paper:5 1/16" x 2 x 11/16"
Cream Mat for Merry Christmas - 3" x 2 1/4"
Cherry Cobbler Punched piece - 2 1/4" x 3/4", then punched


Recipe:
Paper: Stampin' Up - Flirtatious, Cherry Cobbler,Old Olive, Jolly Holiday; Recollections - Cream card stock; Unknown - Pink
Stamp: Scrappy Cat - Merry Christmas
Ink: Stampin' Up - Cherry Cobbler
Ribbon: American Crafts - Pink
Punch: Stampin' Up - Ornament Punch and Eyelet Border Punch
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Textile


Misc: Adhesive, Pencil, Scissors, Score Board,

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Cute card, the paper is a fun paper too. The legal pad cover from yesterday is really cute too. Good use of paper with doing both projects

Creative Genie said...

Really loving your card today, Cindy. It's bright, cheery and just, well, appealing!!