Saturday, February 2, 2013

Heart Box Mini Album

I created this mini album to fit into the small box of chocolates that come in a heart shape.  This is going to be a long post.  Remember that you can click on a picture to enlarge it if you want a closer view.



I used a variety of silk flowers and Prima flowers throughout this mini album.  The key, rose and black pearl were pickup from Michael's on their clearance rack last year.  I had planned to use in on a different project and didn't.  I even have a few berries left over from a Christmas Album that I tuck in on the side. 


I used a sheer red ribbon tied in a bow on the top and glued the same ribbon wrapped around the side of the box.  The bow was tied separately then attached to the box.





Because of the size of my box I was limited by the number of pages and the amount of embellishing I could do. I used George and Design Studio to cut my hearts out and I have a total of 5 pages. Each page has a Stampin' Up Grommet in the corner and I used a bunch of left over shades of red yarn to tie the album together.


For the cover I added another stick pin, silk and Prima flower a few rhinestones.  I stamped the image punched it out and then covered it with glossy accents.  Everything is attached on the right side so that a photo can slide behind the embellishments.



I alternated the side that the embellishments were to help keep the bulk down.  The flower is one that I crocheted for a swap, I just added a white Flower behind it.  The little heart sequin was in a kit from Scrapbook Heaven. 

For page two I used the "love" rhinestone sticker's on the decorative label punch with a couple more flowers. 





I added a red heart paperclip to the side of page 3 which is decorated on the other side and then just slid onto this page.


I used glossy accents to glue the button, wish ticket, and heart paper clip together.  I then added a little bit of beaded trim.  This was from another project and I had it on my desk so I used it here.


Page four has another stamped, glossed accents and punched image along with a a flower, punched tag and pearls on a string.




The back of page 4 and page 5 are withouth embelishments. 


The back of page 5 has another stamped, glossed accents and punched image, a couple of flowers and a couple of die cut pieces. 


Page 5 is my last page for this album.  I added a couple more flowers, a rhinestone and a die cut.  The back of this page is the same paper as the front of the album and I did not take a picture of it. 


Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper:  Recollections Cardstock - Cream, DCWV - The Immortal Love Stack - red cardstock and the top of the box; Stampin' Up - Designer Series Paper - Love Letters
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo - Flourishes, Heartful of Love
Punches: Stampin' Up - Decorative Label, Tag Punch, Postage Stamp, Designer Label Punch
Die: Sizzlits - Medium Label Set #4
Rhinestones: Gartners Studios - "love"; unknown Swirl
Pins: The pins on the front are from a swap I did last year.  I think they look beautiful on this layout.
Ribbon: Offray Sheer Ribbon
Misc.: 4" round doily, flowers - Prima and Silk, beads for pins, Pearls on a string; Heart Paper clip, buttons, half pearls for flower centers, Tim Holtz - wish ticket, sequins, glossy accents, pop up dots, adhesive
Crochet Flowers - are some I made for prior swaps or other projects.

2 comments:

Jeri Parks said...

Love the heart album...that is a very cleaver idea.

Debbie said...

Love your project!!