Saturday, April 13, 2013

Happy Spring

Thanks for joining me from the Card A Day Blog, today we are celebrating Spring.  I'm ready for spring but it is still winter here and still snowing.  I have a quick card to share with you today; it's quick because I used the Cricut to do most of the work.

I cut the girl watering flowers from the A Child's Year Cartridge out of black card stock, the scallop circle is from the Lacy Labels cartridge and the light peach circle is from George and the Basic Shapes cartridge.

Out of the light peach cardstock I stamped the butterfly and punched it out and punched the border strip. I added the ribbon to cover up my edges then topped it off with a bow, a black button with a double bow and my punched butterfly.


Using the same butterfly stamp I stamped them onto the white mat on the inside of the card.



Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow Vicki Schram is the Designer for the Card A Day Blog.  Don't forget to enter you card in the challenge this month.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/4"
Gray Mat: 3 3/4" x 5"
Pattern Paper: 3 1/2" x 4"
Light Peach: 1 1/5" x 4", then punched

Inside:
Gray: 4" x 5 1/4"
White: 3 3/4" x 5"

Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock - Recollections; Pattern Paper - Unknown from my scrap pile
Stamp: Close to my Heart - Sentiments
Ink: Stazon - Jet Black
Ribbon: Celebrat It 5/8"; White embroidery floss
Punch: 1" Circle Punch; Martha Stewart - Floral Lace Edge border punch
Cricut Cartridges: A Child's Year, George and the Basic shapes, Lacy Labels,
Misc: Glue dots, adhesive

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Cindy that is a beautiful card, so sorry to hear you still got snow, we finally hit spring, but a bit cold and gloomy today. I love this cut and it's perfect for a spring card. Love that orange bow it just makes the whole card pop! TFS