Friday, May 3, 2013

You're Invited

Hi everyone! Today I'm the Designer at the Card A Day Blog and our theme this week is Invitations. 
I kind of cheated on my card today as I have no stamping.  I used my Cricut to cut out my elements even the sentiment, you can easily substitute your dies to achieve the same look.



I started with a black card base then added a bright pattern paper with the ribbon wrapped around it. The red base is added to the back of the black mat. From there I layered the green frame and white mat with the "you're invited" sentiment.  I then tied a bow and attached it to the side of the mat.


For the inside I used another piece of the dark orange card stock and a piece of white card stock. At the bottom is a 1/8" by


Tomorrow Shirley Ross is the Designer starting the week off with a new theme. Thanks for stopping by.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: Black card stock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
Background paper: 4" x 5 1/4"
Red mat: 2 1/2" X 3 1/2"
White mat: 1 7/2" x 2 3/4"
Fancy Frame base and frame cut at 3 1/4"
Paper Lace II - You're Invited cut at 1 1/8"

Inside:
Orange mat:4 1/8" x  5 3/8"
White mat: 4" x 5 1/4"
Pattern Paper: 1/8" x 5 3/8"

Recipe:
Paper: Card stock - Recollections - black, white, red and dark orange; Pattern Paper -  DCWV - The Stack 6;  Thumbelina Collection "Twelve Shillings" -Green polka dot (green frame)
 Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Ribbon: Celebrate It 5/8"
Misc: adhesive

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Cool card and I just love the color. Like the frame on that background paper and will have to give a sot on something like that. TFS