Friday, January 24, 2014

Get Well Soon

Today I'm the designer at Card A Day Blog and our weekly theme is "Get Well Soon".



I normally use a Cricut cut for the "Get well soon" sentiment but today I used my computer.  I printed out the sentiment onto plain paper until I got the size and position I wanted.  I then printed it onto white cardstock.  My pattern paper panels are each cut at 1 1/8" by 3 1/2" and are layered on the bottom of the white cardstock with white showing between the panels.  I added the ribbon then glued everything to the card, made the bow and added it.


For the inside I added a small strip to the top of the card leaving a little bit of white cardstock showing through. No I did not ink any of my pieces and realized that after I had the card put together. 

Tomorrow Debi Barber is the designer so be sure to stop in and see what she had to inspire you. Thanks for stopping by.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
White card base: 3 3/4" x 5 1/8".
Pattern paper Panels: 1 1/8" by 3 1/2"
Inside white: 4" x 5 1/4"

Recipe:
Cardstock: Recollections - white and blue cardstock; Unknown scraps of pattern paper.
Ribbon: Stampin' Up - 1/2" Seam Binding - Baja Breeze
Font: Gabriola at 36

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Cindy this is such a pretty card love the color patterns and a very manly card :)