Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Christmas Cards - first three

I know it's only August but I saw a post for Operation Christmas Card on the Unity Show and Tell Facebook page, so I figured I could make a few cards to send their way. I need to have my cards boxed up and sent by October so that she gets them in plenty of time to send them out. The August Challenge at the 100 Pattern Paper Challenge Facebook group is to use cardstock. Like Tina, I have a stack of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and my scrapbook pages for my youngest are 8 1/2 x 11 but will I really use some of the odd colors on his layouts, probably not.

I started by pulling one sheet of paper from the 12x12 paper pack - DCWV - Holiday Collection "The Christmas Stack"

 and the Recollection - Bright and Jolly Paper Pad.


 I have a bunch of 8 1/2"11 cardstock that I can use for my bases.

So here is my first three Christmas Cards using the DCWV Holiday Collection. 

 
I used the pattern paper as the focal point on the front, wrapped a little bit of embroidery yarn around the edge and added a scallop border behind.


I stamped my sentiment onto white cardstock and added a border of pattern paper at the top.



I stamped the Christmas Bulb and clear embossed it on the envelop of each card.


Here's my first three cards ready to go.

Thanks for stopping by.

100 Pattern Paper Challenge: August use your Cardstock
3 - Cards

Paper:  DCWV - Holiday Collection "The Christmas Stack" and Recollection - Bright and Jolly Paper Pad. Recollections Cardstock - green, white, blue and black.
Ink: Distress Ink: broken china; Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month: October 2013 Oh Christmas Tree - Christmas Bulb; September 2015 Our Hearts To Yours - Sentiment
Punch: Stampin' Up - Scallop border
Misc.: adhesive, clear embossing powder, embroidery yarn and Misti

No comments: