Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Art and Grace

I pulled this photo of Art and Grace out of the stack of photo my older sister sent me. It's another picture that was taken at the ranch and again I don't know when it was taken maybe sometime in the 70's. I pulled the papers from my Page Set One from my Counterfeit Kit Challenge February Kit - So Exciting.


 I love the vintage feel of the papers with this picture.



I used the paper with the floral motif in the corner, the partial off white with the writing on it and I cut the flowers out of the motif paper making sure I could use the word Memories. The paper with the floral motif in the corner was not in the best of shape so I cut it down and distressed the edges.  I rolled the paper back the right corner and tucked one of the fussy cut flower pieces under the back of the roll and the front of the paper. This paper is single sided so I glues a piece of the off white with the writing on it to the back side of my floral paper and matted onto green card.  It was a bit fiddley but I really like the way it turned out.




The top right side is where I used the "Memories" from the flower motif paper along with one of floral wreaths and a scrap from the same paper and a tag put to extend the size of it . I added one of the paper clips with the "memories".


At the bottom right side I tore the corner and side so that floral piece would fit and added another scrap from the page set to put behind the flowers.


I added one of the flower motifs at the top and a few at the bottom right o the picture. A few circles of thread  to finish off three of my clusters.



My journaling is on the back of this layout and reads "I'm not sure when this picture was taken at the ranch, sometime in the 1970's,  but it really brings back the memories. Art and Grace were my second set of parents, they made every basketball, cheerleading, choir and any other event Pam and I was in. They even drove to Wyoming through a blizzard to attend college graduation. Such wonderful people.".

Thanks for stopping by.

February Counterfeit Kit Challenge - So Exciting
4 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layout
2 - Cards
1 - Treat Box

Recipe:
Paper: Me and My Big Ideas - Scrappychick page making kit "Vintage" , 
Misc.: Adhesive, foam tape and thread


1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: I really enjoyed reading your blog posting about your clever tricks that make your layout looked weathered over the past 40-some years since the photo was taken. Like you had scrapbooked this way back then!