Friday, March 1, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Marvelous Laughter

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Hop. You should have arrived here from our Gest Designer Suzanne, I have the whole hop listed below if you want to start at the beginning. This month we are counterfeiting the spring 2018 kit from Scrapbook and Cards Today - "Blue Skies and Butterflies".

The details can be found here, examples of layouts and projects from Lisa Dickinson, Kelly Goree and Meghann Andrew can be found here  and a video of what is contained in the kit here.  It's a beautiful kit of Aquas, reds, pink yellow and smidgen of blue.



I pulled my kit together this  month by page sets.   I started by finding a flower paper similar to the Vicki Boutin All the Good things Blossom to Awesome.

Page set 1.
In this page set I have red cardstock, Jen Hadfield - Best of Stack - black and white stripe and the flower paper is from Colorbok - Delilah paper pad. I added some beautiful butterflies  that I got in a scrapbook kit years ago, floral die cut, labels or tags I fussy cut or die cut a couple of journaling cards

Page Set 2. 
Has more flower paper but in the blues and yellows that was in the inspiration kit and I'm replacing the pink Gingham with blue. I added some die cut butterflies, and tickets that I don't know where they came from, stamped doilies flower, project life be bright cards, pretty little studio beautiful day cork flowers and  rhinestones.

Page Set 3. 

I chose a Pink paper with red hearts to replace the  Doodlebug Design cream and sugar Love You lots. I'm not sure who the pink heart paper is from but I've included Creative Imaginations Slide mounts. unknown journaling spots, Webster Pages Love Story pad cut a parts Basic Grey rub ons - Sultry and DIY flowers. 

Page set 4.

This page set is for the stripe paper in the inspiration kit. I have more Colorbok Mint Julep paper, Heidi Swapp Clips, washi tape Ali Edwards words, printable labels, Amy Tangerine photo squares with hearts, unknown tabs and flower clusters,

Page set 5.

I've pulled some Maggi Holmes Style board for the word paper along with some scraps of teal, black ribbon, My Minds eye journal cards, Hello Gorgeous dies cut and journal card


Page set 6.

This one is pulled for the yellow in the kit. I only have one sheet of this Creative Imagination paper left and I think it's time to use it up. I've made some die cut butterflies and flower, a photo frame from a die and a few buttons.

Page set 7.



I pulled in the scallop paper from Colorbok - Paisley and matched it up to green and yellow cardstock. I've included some border stickers from Basic Grey, large green flowers, stamped doilies a couple of journaling spots and a large butterfly.

Page set 8.


I had to include a butterfly paper I my collection and this one is from Colorbok Paisley. For my embellishments I've add tickets, ribbon, doily die cut, journaling card, wooden butterflies along with DIY butterflies, a couple of hearts and tags.

Your next top on the hop is Julene.  The full hop is listed below and don't forget that Just the Gist is done on March 2nd and Forgeries on the Fourth after that.


Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Guest Designer Susanne: https://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com/

Cindy: http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/

Julene: http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/

Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/

Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/

Lori: https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/

Tina: https://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com



Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Your idea of putting them into "page kits" is a fabulous idea. I love everything in your kit and look forward to seeing what you produce.

Susanne said...

Oh those look wonderful, I love how you have beautiful floral through-out.

Lisa said...

8 page kits? wow - these are all great and definitely include one or two papers that were possibles for my own kit. I'm always so interested to see how you break down a big kit into these smaller page kits!

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: this is wonderful that you've already organized straight to layout page kits! They all pay homage to the season of spring...or feeling of spring! Excellent!

Tina Campbell said...

Awesome looking page kits and I love the name of your kit this month too :) You got a little bit of everything over the 8 kits you created too :)

kate blue said...

wonderful kit full of all the butterflies-very spring like!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I like how you divided your one kit into separate page kits! That's going to make scrapping so much easier!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Your gorgeous custom butterfly & floral are to “die” for! Clever kits should streamline things this month.