Monday, March 4, 2019

Forgeries on the Fourth

Today is Forgeries on the Fourth at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. I kept my forgeries pretty simple this time around.  I recreated the glittery frame from the inspiration kit, Blue Skies and Butterflies.
I pulled a piece of glittery cardstock, traced a chipboard frame on the back side of the paper and trimmed it down to size. the frames are included in my Page Set 8.


I dusted off my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and punched a couple of mini butterflies. I punched several of them in the same color, layered a couple of them, glues some beads to the body and layer them on top of each other so that I had two layers.



I had pulled a stamp and die set I had picked up from Tuesday Mornings called Butterfly. It made the beautiful die cut butterflies that I have included in a couple of my page set for March.

Again I have a card I made right away with my forgery. I used the gray die cut butterfly for the front of my card.


Just some pattern paper and my die cut and my card is done.

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge to check out the other forgeries as there are some awesome ones.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Simple but perfect! I adore the stamp and die cut butterfly - so very pretty. I also layered up some butterflies on a layout yesterday - I love the hint of non-overwhelming dimension they offer

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: your butterflies are pretty and certainly who couldn't use more delicate butterflies on their layouts or cards! And I can't wait to see how you use the glitter frame! Thanks for showing us some marvelous forgeries!

Logan said...

Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.

Susanne said...

Lovely, you can't outdo a butterfly so simply pretty cards.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love that punch & the layering 😊