Monday, March 18, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge 2 - Blue Skies and Butterflies


Today is the reveal for Challenge #2 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and we are to make a layout from the inspiration kit name of "Blue Skies and Butterflies".

I am using page Set #2  from my Counterfeit Kit - Marvelous Laughter for my layout today. I had planned on using the pictures from the zoo we went to in 2015 but decided to use these pictures I was texting to DH's Aunt on the way back from Montana a couple of years ago.


I cut my photos down and matted them onto the gray cardstock they just need something behind them and white wasn't working. I cut the flower paper down to 5 1/2" and added a blue gingham border at the top and bottom and a gray border on the left side of the pattern papers.


My title is on the left hand side with the die cut and punched butterflies that were in the page kit along with the rhinestone flowers.


For the right side I used the journal card and more of the butterflies. The journal card says "thanks for the memories".

The journaling is on the back of the layout. "We had a long day ahead of us - getting back home to Minnesota in one day. All of us needed to be back to work on the 15th and we were all getting texts and phone calls as we were driving back. Thank goodness for the WiFi in the truck so we could work along the way. We only stopped for gas and a change of drivers and it still took us over 18 hours of driving. We were luck that we missed all of the snow and rain storms, as Aunt Theresa was having a little bit of trouble flying back to Dubuque Iowa."


Don't forget to stop by the blog to check out the rest of the Master Forgers.

Thanks for stopping by.

Colorbok - Paisley, Yellow cardstock, Simple Stories - Wood grain and Gingham and Craftsmith gray cardstock
Die cut and punched butterflies, flower rhinestones, Pretty Little Studio - Thanks for the memories journal card and Studio Calico Alphabet

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Love this, yellow makes me happy.

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: Marvelous! Your Challenge 2 layout is perfect! I'm so glad to see more beautiful photos on page 2! These pages are very lovely!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Gorgeous scenery shots set off so well by your sunny scheme 😊

Lisa said...

Those are stunning photos and the yellow is perfect to set them off at their best! I love the sprinkle of butterflies - thanks so much for making such a great layout!