Sunday, March 31, 2019

April Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Hey You


Welcome to April, can you believe how fast the year is going? I'm not ready for March to be over yet as I still have a few more layouts to finish for March and February. Where does the time go??? Well on to our April Kit - the inspiration if the Hip Kit Club March 2019 kit. I've got the blog hop list posted below so be sure to check out all the Master Forgers take on the kit.

Our Guest Designer is Debbie and you can find her here. She's been following and making some awesome kits, so be sure to drop by and say hi!
I love the blues and greens in this kit and the sunglass die and chipboard are so cute.  The main kit can be found here and we have another unboxing video which can be found here.  Don't forget to check out the other kits for March.

March Embellishment Kit:


March Project Life Kit:

https://www.hipkitclub.net/march-2019-project-life-kit









March Cardstock Kit:

I must have watched the unboxing video at least 5 times to get a better look at the embellishments.

Here is my Kit - Hey You


I started with the black and white strip paper (unknown), the next three papers are from Maggi Holmes "Gather" collection to represent the yellows, flower and painted paper. Then I have three papers from the Bo Bunny "Genevieve" Collection for more of the Blues and yellows. I pulled a blue with gold embossing butterfly paper from We R Memory Keepers -Typecast paper pad and added the Jen Hadfield Simple Life wood grain paper.  I really like the butterfly paper for the softer colors and thought it went well with the colors


My second set of paper start a group from Jen Hadfield Best of paper pad - the white polka dot for the  white and pink dotted paper, the light turquoise papers and a ledger paper because I though it would go well with the first two. The next two I included to get them used up and there are a representation for the pinks in the inspiration kit - Teresa Collins "Timeless"  and "Sweet Afternoon". In the unboxing video Jen Schow was talking about punching out one of the papers and I thought this Recollection - Multi Circles/Flowers would be perfect for this. My last paper is one I've had paperclipped to this blue cardstock to use and just haven't found the right picture to do so. So this is the month that it gets used.


I've included some embellishments here that I wanted to get used up or at least start using. I have the chipboard, sticker and 6x6 pad from the Maggi Holmes - Gather . I will add doilies as I need them. I have this  Art Minds - Alphabet Tiles that I thought went well with the woodgrain and is a nice neutral for some of the pinks in my kit. I'm not sure how many letter there are so we will see that I can do. I like that there were some mists in the kit and I substituted Acrylic Paint: Brilliant Blue Lemon custard and Lilly Pad that I'm hoping to do something with. I will be adding Cardstock as needed as some of the papers are light weight, along with stamps and stencil. I've been doing a little bit or cleaning and organizing so I decided to keep the kit simple this month in the hopes that I can get my mess cleaned up.

I've got the blog hop list posted below so be sure to check out all the Master Forgers take on the kit.



Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Guest Designer Debbie: https://pigsflyng.wordpress.com/

Cindy: http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/

Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/

Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/

Lori: https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/

Tina: https://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com


Thanks for stopping by

7 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful kit Cindy and just love the name you chose too :) Loving the Maggie Holmes love this month.
Tina

Lisa said...

Looks like a lovely set of products you've picked out. I like all the Maggie Holmes you have there which are definitely very much in the spirit of the original. I like the loose interpretation but it still reminds me of the Hip Kit! I know what you mean about it being April already!

Susanne said...

Oh nice, it is fun to see what kind of dot paper everyone is including in their kits. Enjoy!

Julene Matthews said...

Pretty papers Cindy. Have fun using your kit this month.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Applause! Great variety this month from the vibrant inspiration kit.

Becca Sadler said...

"Hey You, Spring!" is my take on your titled compiled kit! Hello, Spring, come on over here! I know after some chilly nights and mornings lately, my hubby and I are looking forward to eating lunch out on either of our decks. One is on the east side to get morning sunshine and the other is on the SW to capture all the midday and afternoon rays! I'm liking the patterned papers! The butterfly print is gorgeous! And so many embellishments to do lots of terrific clustering with--so enjoy!

Susan said...

I see lots of familiar papers in your kit and I don't think you can ever go wrong with Maggie Holmes either! I think that the doilies you mentioned will be a great addition, too. I always reserve the right to add in things I might have missed when I pulled my kit together ;)