Sunday, May 12, 2019

Grandma's Crochet

I pulled out my May Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit - Adventure Awaits for my layout. This is for Challenge Number #1 using this sketch.


I visited the Designers Gallery for some inspiration. I love the script as the background paper with the bright pops of yellow that Dorymay had on her layout.  I had finished the row of crochet on this piece that my Grandma Kate had started and decided to use it on the pub table in my kitchen. It was one of her last pieces and I just couldn't throw it away or pull it apart.

I trimmed down my script paper so that the black background was showing. I brought in a third sheet of word paper as I only had two of the "Love Script". I replaced the circle element with a square doily and used some square rhinestones instead of the paperclip in the top left. I inked all the edges of the papers and the gray photo mats with distress ink in black soot.


The above layout is for my eldest and I used the Tim Holtz label letters for Great and Kate. I was happy to find that I had enough of the gold letters for all three layouts. I was planning on using my dies for the title but this was a happy accident.  I had two of my DIY - Sequin and Glitter leaves left from a previous forgery so they went onto the guy's layouts. 

I used a sheet ribbon so the crocheted item would still be the highlight. The left over ribbon from the bows is used under the yellow paper at the bottom right like the sketch shows. 

 Don't forget to check out The Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and what our Guest Designer Leanne Wagner, Master Forger Julene, Master Forger Leslie have created for this challenge 

We love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link Up page, post them in our Facebook Community or share then on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and you can tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmay/2019).

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe: 
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - May CKC - Adventure Awaits
Paper: Recollections - Honeycomb, Echo Park - Captured Life: "Love Script", "Gray Crosses" and "Wooden Chevron" I used the B Sides, DCWV - grey and black cardstock and Stampin' Up Word paper (unknown from which pack)
Alphabets: Crate Paper - Gather stickers; American Crafts Thickers - Happy and Tim Holtz - Label Letters
Misc.: Adhesive; Crochet Flowers and Hat Pins; Distress Ink - Black Soot, Doilies, Fab Lab- gold rhinestones, flowers and sheer ribbon

1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

Really pretty layout Cindy.