Thursday, May 16, 2019

Happy Birthday Card

My youngest has his birthday next week so I had to hurry up and make a card. I actually though I had one more week before I had to do this and didn't even remember it while I was putting my Counterfeit Kit together. I could have used the additional kit that I made up for iNSD but decided against it when I found out the Archir -scraps challenge this month is based on this picture


and to use Black, White and Yellow plus a Clock.  I have the yellow Recollection paper in my CKC - Adventure Awaits so I pulled out the Tim Holtz Weathered Clock Die and the Close to My Heart Say It in Style stamp set for my sentiment.

I used a left over piece from my layouts for the background and matted it onto black cardstock. I cut the die out of the black cardstock then glued it to the front of the card.
Using some a piece of black cardstock I cut more of the clock for the envelope. The Happy Birthday is stamped onto white cardstock and I used foam tape to pop it up.


I had a little bit of the clock face left so I used it on the inside of the card.

I have a whole sheet of the yellow Recollections paper left and I think I'll make a birthday page for him using it and more clock faces.


 Don't forget to check out The Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and what our Guest Designer Leanne Wagner, Master Forger Julene, Master Forger Leslie have created for this challenge 

We love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link Up page, post them in our Facebook Community or share then on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and you can tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmay/2019).

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - May CKC - Adventure Awaits
Paper: Recollections - Honeycomb, black and white cardstock and an envelope
Ink: Distress Ink - Black Soot
Stamps: Close to My Heart - Say It in Style
Die: Tim Holtz Alternations - Weathered Clock
Misc.: Adhesive, Cuttlebug, and foam tap

5 comments:

Time on My Hands said...

A very pretty card Cindy I love the clock. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

Becca Sadler said...

Time/clock is also a clever motif for birthday cards so I think this is marvelous! Life keeps ticking away!

Julene Matthews said...

Thanks for joining in at Archiscraps,Cindy. More cross pollination of scrappers! LOL Your card is lovely and I'm sure your son loved it. :)

Dale Tiernan said...

I love decorating the inside and the envelope of my cards. Happy to see you do it. This is bold and fun.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Cindy is in the Archi-house! Happy to have you :D Beautiful card (of course)