Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge # 1

Today is Challenge  #1 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. Our challenge is to Scallops - these can be hand cut, punched, a sticker, stamp, a scalloped border using circles - there are lots of fun ways to create scalloped edges.  I had hand pulled several punches and punched them in black cardstock to audition my page when I was putting my kit together. 

I pulled the Maggie Holmes Beautiful paper from my Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit - Silly Adventures for my layout today.  I finally decided on the Stampin' Up - Eyelet border punch for my layouts. I matted my picture onto white cardstock then onto a teal mat to make it stand out just a bit.


I used a black Sharpie to draw around the green paper as it just needed something to make it stand out.  I used small piece of the green paper on the left side for my journaling spot.



I added a teal butterfly that was die cut for a previous layout and the colors work well with the Maggie Holmes paper. I also thought the layouts need a little bit more so I added a few rub on flowers around the picture.



Don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit challenge blog and what our Guest Designer Kathy,   Master Forgers Lori, Leslie and Tina have done for this challenge

We love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link Up page, post them in our Facebook Community or share then on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and you can tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmay/2019).

Thanks for stopping by.


CKC - Silly Adventures
2 -12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2x 11 Layouts

Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Silly Adventures
Paper: Maggie Holmes - Gather "Beautiful", DCWV Green and white cardstock and an unknown light green, Jen Hadfield - Best of
Alphas: Amy Tangerine "Remarks" sticker sheet, Studio Calico - Robber Ombre and Tim Holtz - label letters
Punch: Stampin' Up - Eyelet Border
Misc.: Adhesive, Black Sharpie, Butterflies - Stampin' Up Embosslits - Beautiful Wings,   Enamel Dots,  Flower Rub ons - unknown,   and Zots

No comments: