Monday, July 1, 2019

July Counterfeit Kit - Special Celebrations

Our Inspiration for July is the June 2019 Sweet Tea kit from Clique Kits which can be found here.



I started with the flower paper for my inspiration piece and it's an old one from Jeni Bowlin - Oilcloth. So my colors this month are on the darker side compared to the inspiration kit. I just couldn't find much that I liked much in the blue tones so I have very little of it here.



I started with the red wood grain from Simple Stories Wood and Gingham, white cardstock, yellow gold from the K& Company Dark Colors Basics, Jeni Bowlin - Oilcloth, Dark Blue cardstock, Studio Calico Transparency, Recollections Green Damask,Blue Honeycomb, DCWV Timeless Texture green paper, yellow cardstock, Recollections Red Demin Lines, Bella Blvd - Hello Beautiful, Yellow cardstock, Jen Hadfield Best of, Bella Blvd - Socialite,



Colorbok - Poolside, Embossed Gold, Green Cardstock, Vellum from the Paper Company, Provo Craft - the Slab III, Vellum from the Paper Company, The Girls Paperie, Pink Paislee, Gold paper and Photo Real.
Alphabet stickers from Jillibean Soup, Thickers - Gold Rush, Jewelry Box and Patio Party,
Embellishments: Lots of ribbon, buttons, frames, labels and arrows. I've added in some brads and die cuts along with a few left overs from various embellishments packs



I am again including my alphabet dies. I haven't figured out what stamp sets I want to include so I'm leaving that open. I also adding in the embellishment packs from the last couple of kits as I still have a few of them left. 

Now for the rest of the blog hop. Our Guest designer is Kathy McElfresh (Scrappy Kathy) she has a YouTube channel that you can find her here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0TTq5vBtMM&t=13s

Thank you for stopping by and the next person on the hop is Julene. Don't forget to come back on the fourth for Forgeries on the Fourth.

We love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link Up page, post them in our Facebook Community or share then on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and you can tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly/2019).



Guest Designer Scrappy Kathy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0TTq5vBtMM&t=13s









5 comments:

Susanne said...

I am loving all the gold alphabet and word stickers. It is smart not to try and force something into your kit that you are not wild about. With blue or without, your kit looks tempting!

Julene Matthews said...

Great tones in your kit.As you say much darker than the original, but they work. Enjoy using these.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Great version! I have a lot of vintage goodies in my stash that deserve an appearance. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Tina Campbell said...

A wonderful looking kit Cindy :) You did capture the essence of the kit in a cute form with the papers :) Have fun creating withe kit :)

Tara O said...

I think you'll get tons of good layouts out of your kit!! I had to change up one of the colors as well in my own. I really like your gold sticker letters and words.