Thursday, September 12, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - "Curate: your project

Hello, Hello. Today is Challenge #1 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Master Forger Lisa has this to say about our challenge today: 

"We are working with a curated kit this month which is rather exciting. When I looked up the meaning of "to curate" I found this definition:

HERE
verb (used with object), cu·rat·ed, cu·rat·ing.to take charge of, a museum) or organize (an art exhibit);
to pull together, sift through, and select for presentation, as music or website content

I love the idea of pulling together some sort of exhibit or collection - isn't that we do with our memories in this wonderful hobby of ours? 

Be inspired by this definition in some way for your project!"

I'm using paper set #1 from my September CKC- Fun Times kit for my layouts today which had the Kaiser Craft Blue Bay Collection.



I knew what photo I wanted to use for my layout. My oldest guy was married on July 5th and I did a Memory Wedding wall as part of the decorations. I pulled together family wedding pictures for this display.


I pulled a couple of papers from the collection Sea Breeze and Turquoise along with a couple of different  colors of cardstock.

I used a sticker from the sticker sheet for each of the layouts so the quote is different on each of the three pages. His stickers says "so many of smiles begin with you"


My sticker reads "home is wherever i'm with you" and the sticker for my youngest reads "everything beautiful has it's  moment"



My journaling is on the tab behind each of the tan cardstock backgrounds, has a piece of the sticker border on the tab and reads:

I asked for pictures of everyone’s wedding day or anniversary to create a memory wall for David and Katie's reception. Each bookshelf is divided in half, David’s relatives are on the left and Katie’s are on the right side. I have Great Great Grandparents and Great Grandparents on the bottom shelf, then Grand Parents and Parents, then Uncles and Aunts and Brothers and Sisters. The top shelf are engagement pictures of David and Katie and an extra one on the wall to top it off. I used my Grandmother Jessie and Kate’s candles holders and Grandma Jessie’s vases on the top shelf. Then I scattered my moms and my candle holders throughout the remaining shelves along with a few flowers to finish it off.

Don't forget to check out the hop listed below.
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer Khristina:  https://www.redefinedkreative.com/blog
You are here: Cindy: http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
Lori:  https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/
Tina: http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.

You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2019).

Thanks for stopping by.

CKC - Fun Times
6 - 12 x 12 Layouts
3 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
4 - Cards

Paper:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge September - CKC Fun Times
Kaiser Craft "Blue Bay Collection" Sea Breeze and Turquoise along with the sticker sheet.
Simple Stories - Wood and Gingham paper pad; Craft Smith Cardstock in tan and light brown; scraps of black cardstock.
Ink: Distress ink: pumice stone
Alphabet Stickers:  Studio Calico Color Theory stickers

1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

Wonderful idea of using a photo of photos. I like your arrangement also.