Monday, September 16, 2019

this is the story

From my Counterfeit Kits I started by pulling out the dark red cardstock and the Tate paper from the Oliver Collection. I knew I wanted to use the stencil that I had included in my kit and I thought it would show up well on the darker colors.

The strip paper has a hint of the green in it so I pulled in a green cardstock, it's a bit brighter than the one in the paper but I think it still looks good with all the darker grungy colors. I cut a small piece of the Tate paper and used the backside as a border, it's the circle piece, along with the green then layered the stripe paper. I used gesso to cover my stencil and waited for it to dry.

After I put the gesso on I realized I should have used the modeling paste. It wasn't as messy and not as bright of a white. Above is the one with the modeling paste.


I had included in my CKC- Fun Times kit the die cut Karate people for this layout and used the one where I had three together. I cut one of then off and used it at the bottom of the layout along with the journaling strips, a sticker and the date. It's a little messy because of the gesso. This is a layout that will go into an album for my sister.



On this one I used modeling paste instead added a few of the star stickers and a DIY label. I made sure to get the whole "this is the story" with the modeling paste

Thanks for stopping by.

CKC - Fun Times
8 - 12 x 12 Layouts
3 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
4 - Cards

Recipe:
Papers: Basic Grey "Oliver Collection" - Tate, DCWV green, dark reds and white cardstock
Mini alphabet stickers: Tim Holtz label letters
Cricut Cartridge: Sports Mania - Karate 
Stencil: The Crafters Workshop - the story
Misc.: Adhesive, gesso, modeling paste

No comments: