Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop - Best Days

Our inspiration for the month of October is a little bit different from our prior kits. Laura was inspired by two things 1) a kit she absolutely fell in love with and 2) something she saw recently on Instagram. She is a follower of Ali Edwards, who recently partnered with Studio Calcio to create a kit called "The Good Old Days" where they released a traditional 12x12 scrapbook kit and re-released older stamps from Ali's shop. Laura picked and older kit that she just loved. She is taking us back to August 2012 with Studio Calico's Summer of '69' kit.


It's the last photo on the bottom right.


Here is the  Drive In add on kit:


Mama's Porch add on kit:



Five & dime add on kit:


and a set of printables for the Summer of 69.



Our Guest Designer this month is someone who plays along with us almost every month on Instagram. She is Ayaan Nambier from India. Her Instagram name is  Ayaan_scrapsyaan


Now I have drawn my inspiration from all of the kits in this release.

I have a few sheets of DCWV Citrus Twist Kit left from a bunch of prior project and thought the colors were perfect for this months inspiration.


The first 4 papers are the only 12x12 pieces I have and rest are scraps. I like to keep everything together until I'm done completely done with it. I have a few punched borders, some punched labels and a bag of scraps I didn't take a picture of.

My second paper set is of another DCWV paper pads which may be from two different paper pads.


I add yellow and bronze cardstock and the first two papers are full 12x12 sheets. I just had to include this because of the banners.

Here is my final set of papers:

The first three are from We R Memory Keepers - Farmers Market. White Cardstock, the next four papers are from Stampin' Up I'm not sure of the collections, then there is a shimmer brown cardstock, Bella Blvd - Christmas wishes "Candlelight", Colorbok Poolside, another Stampin Up paper, Tan card stock, Colorbok Deliah, Jen Hadfield Best Of, Stampin' Up, Colorbok Mint Julep. Then I included three die cut paper Ronna Farrer - Lime Twist, Pink Paislee - Porch Swing, and Creative Imaginations - Stripes Meadow.




For my embellishments I have a little bit of everything. I've included buttons, ribbon, doilies, tags. twine a couple of left over die cuts, punched flowers, silk flowers arrows. my tin of die cut labels. I even found some die cut banners and clothes pins. I have plenty of left over die cut butterflies so I've included them in here along with some of the die cut tabs and speech bubbles.




I have included vellum and transparency craft sheets, embossing powder, glitter and sequins, several different die shapes to represent the elements in the inspirations kit.  I have a

I've included several dies and stamps. I really like the stamp in the Five and Dime collection but haven't found one I like to substitute for it. I  couldn't find the cloud paper that I know I have so that will come later along with Washi as I couldn't decide what I wanted.


Now for the Blog Hop:
You will need to check out  Ayaan Nambier on Instagram name is  Ayaan_scrapsyaan then hop back here to finish the blog hop.  Julene is the next person on the hop and you can find her here.


Complete Blog Hop
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer, Ayyan – https://www.instagram.com/ayaan_scraps/



Cindy:- http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/ You are Here

Julene:- http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com//

Leslie:- http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/

Lori:- http://loriannie670.blogspot.com/

Tina:- http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/

Laura:- https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/


As always we love to see your work, so please share your kits and project with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2019.


Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Awesome looking kit Cindy :)

Lisa said...

Oh Cindy! Your kit is great - totally inspired by the original - I can clearly see that! But all the colours are so perfect and the embellishments were so well picked out. This is a really vintage kit that's totally up to date - love it!

Susanne said...

Your kit looks quite retro - enjoy!

Lori said...

Lots of great goodies in your kit this month! I loved that the inspiration kit included buttons - I included several in my own kit. I am looking forward to seeing your creations with your kit this month!

Tara O said...

I liked your bright take on this kit!! I have some of the big sequins from the original kits from Studio Calico but all of my sequins are in a jar. I'm trying to decide whether or not to include them. I definitely don't use sequins enough. I liked your sequins on the tags.

Julene Matthews said...

The lime adds an extra dimension to your kit. loving the whole thing!

Leanne Wagner said...

Woah, lots of colour, love your kit.

Becca Sadler said...

Terrific copy cat kit for October CKC!!! You've got lots of wonderful possibilities! Have fun being creative!