Thursday, April 1, 2021

April Counterfeit Kit Reveal and Blog Hop

 Welcome to the April Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Blog Hop! Leslie is our Master Forger this month and she has chosen the "Garden Party" kit from Scrapbook and Cards Today papercraft magazine. She says, "I wanted to use a source off the general range of choices. I know that whatever part of the globe you're in we are all appreciating gardens about now - either looking forward to them or enjoying them all their peak."  The reveal includes a video, plus s

Here's how they describe it: Celebrate the arrival of a fresh new season with our spring kit, Garden Party! This colourful collection captures the colours and patterns of spring with papers from Dear Lizzy, Jen Hadfield, Paige Evans and Simple Stories. We’ve added perfectly coordinating accents like silk flowers, twine, tassels, mixed ephemera and bright buttons to add special touches to all your projects. And the exclusive 4×6 stamp set, printable tags and kit cut files will bring unique inspiration to your crafting. Let’s tiptoe through the tulips and dance in the daffodils at the Garden Party!

Our Guest Designer this month is Cathy Galloway. She was our February Follower's Showcase shout-out! Be sure to hop on over to her blog to give her a big welcome. 

Now for a closer look at Garden Party . . . 

The kit includes the following:

Paige Evans Bloom Street: Paper 16, Paper 12, Paper 04

Dear Lizzy Here and Now: Perfect Match, Heat Wave, Carefree

Simple Stories Hip Hop Hooray: Hello Peeps, Bunny Tails, Blossoms

Bazill Basics Cardstock: Avalanche, Butter Cream, Petalsoft, Jetstream

American Crafts Flip Flop Thickers, Dear Lizzy Hera and Now ephemera, Jen Hadfield Hey Hello word stickers, Paige Evans Bloom Street puffy phrase stickers. 

Master Forger Leslie says" On the off chance that this kit is totally uninspiring? There are other SCT seasonal kits available - Permission to go rogue!!" This reveal post is coming out on April Fool's Day after all!"

Here is my kit Precious Snapshots. I started with Pink fresh's "Joyful Day" (2018) paper. I have a few of them left over from one of the box sales. The colors are perfect for this collection and I've added in a variety of cardstock and other pattern papers to round out my kit. 

Paper set one:

Blue Cardstock, Joyful Day "Picture Perfect" (front and back), Pink Cardstock, Joyful Day "Small Beginnings" (front), Turquoise Cardstock, Echo Park - Good Day Sunshine "Border Strips" (2018), Joyful Day "Small Beginnings" (back), Yellow Cardstock, Doodlebug Designs - Spring Things "Bitty Bees" (2016), Joyful Days - "Simple Pleasures" (front and back)

Paper set two:

Teal cardstock, American Crafts - The Color of Memories (2015), Pink cardstock, Dear Lizzy - Star Gazer "Happy" (2017), Pink Paislee - Pick Me Up (2017), American Crafts - Hello Spring "Yummy Bunny" (2016), Dear Lizzy - Star Gazer "Be Free" (2017), Dear Lizzy - Stay Colorful "Psychedelic" (2017), Colorbok - Delilah paper pad (unknown), Yellow Cardstock, Amy Tangerine - Sunshine and Good Times " Shine Bright" (2017) and Dear Lizzy - Stay Colorful "Let's Boogie" (2017)

Paper Set Three:

Pink Cardstock, Joyful Day "True Story" (front and back), Jen Hadfield- Best of (unknown), White Cardstock, Dear Lizzy - Stay Colorful "Retro Garden" (2017), White Cardstock, Joyful Day "Big Ideas", Turquoise Cardstock, Joyful Days "Just Right (front and back), Red cardstock, Vicki Boutin - All the Good Things "Social Butterfly" (2017) and Vicki Boutin - All the Good Things "Social Butterfly" (2017)

For my embellishments I pulled out what I had from the Joyful Day collection.

Joyful Day embellishments: paperclips, banners, cardstock stickers, chipboard frames, ephemera pack and 6x6 paper pad. I also made a little bow and included a few of the enamel dots.  I've included a few tags, enamel dots, buttons, paperclips and trims. 

Then I pulled a few of the of the Stories by the Months for journal cards and stamps. I knew I had the Umbrellas stamp in one of them, and with Easter in this month I had to pull in a few bunnies. I know I have a bunny die and stamp set that I need to find and add to my kit. 

Your next stop on the hop is Julene and you can find her here :

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is the full hop 

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com

Guest Designer:  Cathy Galloway https://iluvstamping.blogspot.com/

Cindy - http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/  (You are here) 

Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/

Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/

Lori - https://loriannie670.blogspot.com

Tara - https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com

Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/

Tracey - https://3obcessions.blogspot.com

Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/



8 comments:

Tara O said...

Your papers are all beautiful! Nice kit this month! Have a great time playing with it!

Julene Matthews said...

I looked last night but your kit looks even better in the morning light. Wonderful papers and cute embellishments. Have fun!

Susanne said...

Oh my goodness, I want all those papers. You are going to have a fun month of scrappiness. Enjoy.

Clair said...

Wow. Not one, or, two, but three kits in one with a stamp 'add on' to die for. Awesome!

Tina Campbell said...

Gorgeous kit I love that you use Joyful Day for your base of the kit :) I love me some Pink Fresh :) I never thought to add that line I did add some Noteworthy to my kit. Your kit should produce some lovely layouts

LCSmithSAVED said...

What a glorious pile of patterned papers! My favorite scrapbooking supply 🤩 Love how you tossed in some stamp sets - I am trying to remind myself to do that!

LCSmithSAVED said...

What a glorious pile of patterned papers! My favorite scrapbooking supply 🤩 Love how you tossed in some stamp sets - I am trying to remind myself to do that!

LCSmithSAVED said...

What a glorious pile of patterned papers! My favorite scrapbooking supply 🤩 Love how you tossed in some stamp sets - I am trying to remind myself to do that!