Saturday, January 22, 2022

Back Yard

I'm sharing another layout using my hexagon dies from my CKC January 2022 - The Journey kit. I pulled two of the papers from the Park Lane "Happy Garden!" papers (2019/2018) and a white piece of card stock for my base. I inked my edges with Distress Ink - Walnut Stain. 


I also used a bunch of scraps of white for the largest hexagon dies - I cut two, cut them in half, and inked the edges with Distress Ink - peeled paint. I used one of flower dies and die cut 4 of the smaller flowers then inked with Dried marigold and Ripe Persimmon then added a yellow sequin in the middle of each of the flowers. I also pulled out Fleur De Lis die and used the second smallest one cut out of a red scrap of paper.

I started with half the hexagon, then with the rectangle die then started layering the flowers, the leaves and finally the tile words for each of the clusters.

Close up of top left - I was even able to get a couple of ants in each of the clusters.

I only put one word tile in the bottom clusters as they are so close together, I want then to seem like one big cluster. This is the last of the large green flower along with the flowers on the top stash, I no longer have any idea when I got them, I'm guessing at least from (2008 or 2009). I am happy to get them used up.

Close up of the right side: I made sure to include a die cut bird on each of the clusters along with the tan chip board flowers and butterfly. I have no journaling as the journaling is on another. 

Thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to share your layouts on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook group here.

No comments: