Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Use a Sketch from my January 2022 Pinterest Board.

 Welcome back for Challenge #2 on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Our challenge is to use a sketch I created from my January CKC 2022 Pinterest Board located here. I love using sketches as a starting point, especially when I need a little bit of inspiration. 

For my layout I picked this sketch: 



and here is my layout based on the sketch which I rotated to the left. 


I am using the scraps from the DCWV Far East Collection (2013) for my papers. I started with the bird paper and cut it so that it would show on the left side with the scrap pieces tucked behind the photo and layering pieces.



 I cut the chicken wire out of white cardstock and used the largest of the Fleur de Lis die for my photo. I have a lot of die cuts on this page for my embellishments. The tan and dark brown flowers are from a Cricut project I did a long time ago (I'm not sure which cartridge it came from, and the dark brown was already painted brown). The rest of the leaves are from various dies that I included in my kit this month, along with the birds. 


I have several punched pieces for the red accents and a die cut hexagon on the side. The flowers are a combination of Prima flowers and silk flowers from other projects. A little bit of ribbon in the tan and red and a few buttons finish off my layout.

My journaling is on the back as I didn't like any placement on the front. I tried a journaling block/spot and then I tried the journaling lines. "It was a cold day outside with blowing wind. Grandpa carried down the birdseed for Derek and me to fill up the bird feeders"


Thank you so much for stopping by and don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Club to see what the rest of the design team created. 

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Nice idea to rotate the sketch left so the subject/action is moving towards the center. Also really like the texture the chicken wire die cut gives!