Saturday, August 12, 2023

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - Getting Fussy

 Today is Challenge #1 On the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. But first is a quick reminder of our August Inspiration Kit 

Pink and Paper Subscription Club - June kit


Challenge #1 - Getting Fussy!

This is what Lisa has to say about the Challente - "The original inspiration kit has some papers that are just shouting out to be fussy cut - banners, larger flowers, butterflies and teeny tiny flowers with labels - even some words! It was a lot of fun to make up a couple of layouts featuring some of these fussy cut items. 

Personally, I love to spend some time cutting out elements from my papers to use as embellishments or design items - it's so relaxing and never takes as much time as you think it will! So, I'd love you to embrace the therapeutic side of fussy cutting and get those scissors working! "

I have created two layouts for you this month. In my CKC August 2023 - Heat Wave. The story behind the Wreaths for Doug. My boys know just what to say to guilt me into doing something. He tells me "Mom, you know how you made a wreath for David for every month, are you going to do that for me since I now have my own house." When Doug was living in Minot, North Dakota I made him a Christmas Wreath and a Halloween Wreath, I guess I was slacking.




I had a piece of this paper in my Kit this month - Pinkfresh - Good Times - Seize the Day. It was not a whole 12x12. I fussy cut out the portion of the flower paper that was remaining for this layout.

For my second layout I included a couple of stamp sets that are new to me in my CKC August 2023 - Heat Wave. I did know if I would use any of the words that was included in the stamp set. 


I stamped the floral onto scrap pattern paper and cut them out. To start with I thought I would use them on the previous layout, cut it just wasn't working. So, I started another layout. 


I am using this sketch from Kraft + Facebook community for my layout.   


Then I brought in some lace, a button and yarn. I know my journaling is not complete. But I have it saved and will print when my printer is back to working. 

Journaling reads: I made the March and Easter Wreaths at the same time for Doug. At this point I did not ask him which one he liked better and just picked them up when they were on sale. I could not resist the bunny on the Easter Wreath. 

Be sure to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog for more inspiration from the Master Forgers and out Guest Designer.  Thank you so much for stopping by. 

No comments: