Friday, September 1, 2023

September Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Blog Hop

Another month just flew by. This month Master Forger Tina is in charge and out Guest Designer is  Jnnnifer Croasdale. Here is a little bit about Jennifer - 

Hi, I'm Jen and I'm glad to be joining you this month. I have been scrapbooking since 1996 when my sister showed me her album. Patterned paper is my favorite supply, but I love everything scrapbooking. I live in NJ with my husband, Fred. We have two grown daughters and three grandkids. Most of my layouts are about travel or family. I am inspired by challenges and look forward to this fun month of scrapping with you.

You can find me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jen_cro_scraps/ 

Tina has this to say about the kit she has picked for this month - " Kids are back to school, the brrrr months are beginning and the holidays are just around the corner. It's that time of the year that Fall is coming into play here in the States but over yonder it's beginning to be a bit of Springtime so the kit I chosen should fit with either season :)

I've chosen a kit from the (Not) Just for Boys Kit Club its a retired kit from this past year. It has a bit of a masculine feel with no pink involved :) It also has a few of my favorite colors in it and some neutrals too.

This is what they say about the kit: "Combines green, teal, and purple hues, just like the Aurora Borealis, with some darker navy shades, making it perfect to document springtime moments with a masculine feel."










{Not} Just for Boys Scrapbooking Kit Club - April 2023 kit - "Aurora" Limitless Kit

"Aurora" Limitless NJFB Kit includes:

  • 2-12x12 49 & Market- Serendipitous- "After the Rain" Paper
  • 12x12 Simple Stories- Simple Vintage Winter Woods- "Winter Blues" Paper
  • 12x12 Carta Bella- Welcome Winter- "Frigid Flannel" Paper
  • 12x12 Echo Park- Call of the Wild- "Under the Stars" Paper
  • 12x12 Uniquely Creative- High Tea- "Table Setting" Paper
  • 12x12 Prima Marketing- Aquarelle Dreams Collection- "Forget Me Not" Paper
  • 12x12 Simple Stories- Simple Vintage Winter Woods- "Ice Blue/Aspen" Paper

Embellishments:

  • Bottle "Hickory Smoke" Distress Oxide Spray- 1.9 fl. oz.
  • Pinkfresh "Happy Holidays" Puffy Alphabet Stickers- 220 pieces
  • NJFB "Aurora" Baubles- 24 pieces
  • 49 & Market "ARToptions Viken" Ephemera Bits- 73 pieces
  • 1 "Family" Cardstock Cut designed by Paige Evans
We even have an unboxing video for you here -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0X-nLyW3J8.



Now for a look at my September 2023 CKC - For the Kids. First off, I pulled out a bunch of scraps to make a few pages. I have both white and off-white card stock included. 



I also have a few Baby Shower pictures I want to scrap for my sister, that the colors work well with the inspiration kit. I have the purple and a green instead of the teal, The Baby Shower is for a boy so I'm leaving out the pink.



I have a new granddaughter that I will be making baby pages of and here is where the pink, purple and green come in. When Derek came along, I made an album for Katie to add her own pictures to and I will be doing the same thing for Darcy. This is where the pink, purple and green come in. I'm showing the cover of DCWV's Nana's Nursery Baby Boy, as I do not have the cover of the pad for Baby Girl. I also have a bag of scraps from other baby girl albums I have made. 


My last group of paper are papers for general scrapping. Here is where the teal come in. I also had a piece of teal tissue paper that I included. 


As for embellishments I will be using the cut apart sheets from the Baby girl papers. I'm keeping it simple this month. I just haven't been able to as much scrapping as I want so I slimmed down my kit this month. Hopefully this will get me going on a roll. 

Your nest stop on the hop is Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/  

Join us for our reveal hop this month: 

Thanks for stopping by. 


7 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Your kit is what works for you and that's great! Congratulations on the new baby. I'm sure you will have fun scrapping those baby photos. Nice collection.

Susanne said...

It's nice to see you've got all your projects covered.

Misty said...

Looks like you have solid plans for working on specific projects. I hope you can get them all done. And, I love the tissue paper you added into that last kit. Fun.

Misty said...

Glad you have some good projects to work on. It seems like you can get it all done with the basics pulled together.

Tara O said...

Love the pops of red in your kit!

Clair said...

I love how you've decided on the projects that you want to scrap this month, and have used those ideas as the basis for your kit! Smart move! x

Lisa said...

I really love how you interpret the kit to fit your own needs and have projects in mind and set up - great recipe for success! I particularly love that last set for general scrapping!